Liked: 447

Default 2018 Sim League Race 4 - May 9th - Laguna Seca

...or should I call it WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. Goin' back to Cali.... 26 laps.

2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 341

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    26 laps.

Got it. Fueling up for 82 laps. Never again.....

Eric Little

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

May 9th - got it......
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Liked: 4

Unfortunately, I can't race - business trip. Did I read somewhere that with the WeatherTech name change, they also are REVERSING [now CW] the direction of racing? Or was that an April fools joke?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by fastkart View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't race - business trip. Did I read somewhere that with the WeatherTech name change, they also are REVERSING [now CW] the direction of racing? Or was that an April fools joke?

Dave

It was an April fools joke. If I heard the story correctly, they also concluded that certain corners would need to be renamed. The cork-screw would become the screw-up.

Eric Little

Here is the article...

http://www.racer.com/more/racer-stuf...reverse-course

Note the date of publication. Plus... it must be a joke. I don't think an FV could make it to the top of the cork screw in the clockwise direction.

I am going to get mail for that one. Meh... totally worth it.

Eric Little

Liked: 442

I will try and refrain from any more pit maneuvers while going down the straights.

Just a Heads Up..

Rfactor has a new build #1110.........

"Use to be" --- CF #33

I just updated the server....
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thanks Keith.......
    Note to Everyone... go practice with this new build, cause it changed the way my setup - both car and wheel/pedals work. Fuel usage and tire wear seem different too. I also picked up some frame problems (stuttering) that i will have to turn down my settings and see how that works.
    there is a new in-game Hud supplied with this build. if you go to where you pick out your huds and go all the way to the left, you will see it - i can't use it, too small for my eyes, but maybe some of you can.
    Graphic's seem to be better and frame rates up.. like all new builds, there is a teething phase before it settles in..
    Remember go TEST..
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Can I get a headcount for who is planning on racing Wednesday?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Yep yep

yep, yep, yep
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

As long as my schedule holds together, I will be there. Looking forward to a circuit that sims with extreme oversteer but fast or really slow but stable. Don't know how all your testing is going but I find one or the other with no middle ground.

Eric

went to log onto the server and it is still set for road america

yeah roger, because our server has more than one track - for those that don't know how - you have to go to "Voting" then Click on the "Circuit" tab, then "back" to load the next Circuit..
    i think until tonight when Keith locks us into Laguna..... i just did it, so Laguna should be up for a while..
    seeeeeee ya all tonight.
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Yes, sorry about that guys. Road America and Laguna were the only 2 tracks in rotation. You can "Vote" like Jer said to get to the next track.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Well, the old adage: I'd rather be lucky than good.......
    2nd race in a row. at road america i felt i was fast and stable, here no where near. in off line mock races the car would steadily improve, turning my best laps at the end so i felt i had a stable setup. Last night on-line - completely different. when i first logged in I had no brakes, fixed that but struggled with handling the whole night. in the last 6 laps i was all over the place and knew Roger was coming and was setting fast lap times while i was not. seems Keith and Eric were having the same issues i was having, all of this with tire wear turned OFF! throw into the mix frame freeze, oh my! I heard, I think Eric state, that these cars no longer drive like formula cars - I Agree!
    in the last couple of laps my only hope was to take the line away early going into the corners as Roger was faster than me. my thought, make him work for it, but no last second defensive moves. on the last lap going into the cork screw, roger coming fast carrying speed nudged me, not bad but i lost the lead. was surprised to see Roger give the lead back at the end of the race, i thought at first this would be the second race in a row that the leader ran out of gas. not the case, in a Gentlemanly move, Roger gave the lead back to me - I understand why, but would have also understood being second to a dominant car and driver.. Thank You Roger!
    now only one race remains - I hope we have more than us 4 for that one..........
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

No worries Jer was a good race. My car was almost undriveable during qualifying and I didn't even set a time but during the race it seemed to get better and better as the race went on?

Keith what happened between us going into the corkscrew early on in the race? I just remember us side by side then I was in the dirt spinning around.

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    Keith what happened between us going into the corkscrew early on in the race? I just remember us side by side then I was in the dirt spinning around.
    That is exactly what I saw behind you two. Side by side with no apparent contact and then you in the dirt and me braking hard to not hit Keith.

Did anyone else notice that the second a tank-slapper started that no matter what you did, there was no saving it? I had one that it finally stopped sideways after slowing to about 40 mph and taking me half way up the start-finish straight (or was it before the last corner).

I guess this just adds a new challenge to the mix.

Eric Little

Also Keith did my smoke screen trick when I had caught back up to him so it isn't just me!

Right before I joined the server I had just finished replacing my sump pump so I was a bit preoccupied. Going into qualifying I got a speed penalty and my FF didn't work for some reason to add to the mess. I made it around a lap and exited and re-entered qualifying and my FF came back and I cleared the stop and go only to have 3 minutes left in qualifying. I wasn't up for struggling with a full fuel loaded car and it was too close to be another race where I run out of fuel on the last lap again so I punched out. I should have tested with how the car handled earlier in the week but didn't have time. I had only gotten time to run some hotlaps in previous weeks. Oh well, got a DNF and almost made the podium. I noticed the smoke screen too.. I was fartin around with taping the ducts and forgot to undo them. It's worth at least a second or so a lap.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information