Liked: 24

Default Citation fuel cell

Well I figured out my latest issue... the running problem I had was truly fuel related. The fuel pump was literally getting very little fuel. The foam in the cell was turning into sand. The cars cell was from 1994 and it seems like the cell was formed around the bladder. This must have been the original bladder From construction... it was modified to get the fuel pump in it. I am guessing the reason for the poor condition of the cell and pump was due to the fact the car sat for years and probably had gas sitting in it from time to time... ethanol must be the demon here. My question is.... is there a place to buy this cell off the shelf or were these cells custom made for the citation or MSR cars. I really cannot believe I may replace everything by the first year...hahaha. I know someone may come here and say the car was perfect.

Greg Peluso

Liked: 977

Remove the fuel cell "can" or cover from the car.

If the bladder is not cracked or seeping fuel, you may be able to remove the foam through the cleanout plate or through the filler with "fishing tools" piece by piece. You can buy replacement foam from ATL, Fuel Safe and others, then cut it into pieces and place back in the cell.

Steve Lathrop at ICP can advise the source of the original cell if the markings are gone.

Someone posted a great bladder integrity check a while back using talcum powder and a trash bag.

Regards,
    Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 7

Default Eagle Fuel cells

I used these guys when I had to replace the cell in my 94 Citation. Send them your cell and they will copy it. Very good people to work with. Google Eagle fuel cells and you should find them.

If if your cell is original it is probably a Don Allen cell and is not repairable as the cells exterior was formed around the foam material.

Steve Oseth

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

I have a used but intact fuel cell bladder from a Z10

Robby

Liked: 482

x2 for Eagle. Great communication. I ended up getting an already built Eagle bladder from DaveW but I had sent the dead one to them. They communicated well and their price was on par with others.

Liked: 24

There is is no plate ... that’s the problem.

[kQUOTE=DanW;560880]Remove the fuel cell "can" or cover from the car.

If the bladder is not cracked or seeping fuel, you may be able to remove the foam through the cleanout plate or through the filler with "fishing tools" piece by piece. You can buy replacement foam from ATL, Fuel Safe and others, then cut it into pieces and place back in the cell.

Steve Lathrop at ICP can advise the source of the original cell if the markings are gone.

Someone posted a great bladder integrity check a while back using talcum powder and a trash bag.

Regards,
    Dan[/QUOTE]

Liked: 482

Get a new one. If it is that old or that worn out; it isn’t or shouldn’t be fixable. Plus, you have have one made WITH a plate to fix that shortcoming.

Liked: 316

I have Eagle making a cell for my Titan right now. Highly recommend them.

Also, Eagle put an access plate in my Royale cell quite affordably.

Liked: 3454

Default Don't assume the old cell is OK to copy

Advisory about having Eagle copy a cell - if the fuel cell you are having copied is old, it may have shrunk after years of repeatedly having fuel in it and then drying out. So when the shrunken cell is copied, the new cell could wind up too small.

In this situation, I would send a sketch with dimensions of the container, so winding up with a too-small copy doesn't happen.
    Dave Weitzenhof

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information