Liked: 279

Default Vibration Isolated Camera Mount

After experiencing camera failure due to excessive vibration/shock with my cameras mounted directly to my roll bar, I designed a new mounting system. The system incorporates vibration isolators and also cleans up the aerodynamics of the clunky adjustable camera mounts but maintains full adjustability. Also improves the aero of the car’s exposed roll bar. The smaller enclosure mounts the AIM bullet Smartycam (with all the data overlays) and the other mount supports the Fly360 camera. Fabricated using my 3D printer so parts are very thin wall and contain interior lattice work to produce excellent strength with very light weight. I might be convinced to make some more parts or provide the computer files if there is interest.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Ciao,

Joel
    Piper DF-5 F1000

2. The following 9 users liked this post:

Liked: 183

Nice! I would be interested in a piece, or the computer files

Liked: 60

Quote Originally Posted by jchracer View Post
    The system incorporates vibration isolators...

I'm interested in the design file, as I'd need to modify it for my car, but also curious what type of vibration isolators you've incorporated.

Liked: 46

Same here. The Design file would be perfect.

Thread Information