Liked: 39

Default Throwout bearing seals

I have an older Swift Formula Renault that I'm rebuilding. I have the throwout bearing apart and am having a hard time finding the seals. They appear to be similar in shape to a U-cup style with the following dimensions:

Seal #1: Groove Dia: 1.966” or 49.94mm
    Shaft Dia: 1.730” or 43.94mm
    Groove Width: 0.205” or 5.2mm

Seal #2: Groove Dia: 1.583” or 40.21mm
    Shaft Dia: 1.356” or 34.44mm
    Groove Width: 0.205” or 5.2mm

I'm not fining a match to anything even real close to these. Any ideas?

Liked: 110

Default O rings

There are specialized shops that just sell O rings (the back store of these places are bigger than several basketballs courts). They will have what you want (this is how I solved my clutch pusher seal problem for a RF91). And they will also ensure that they are made of the right stuff.

I also needed a weird KTM O ring seal (motorcycle); the dealer wanted $56 and it was a 4 week wait, my local O ring shop had it in stock for $4. They laughed as their parent company was the KTM factory supplier....

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 929

If you have a Parker store near you should be able to walk in with what you need and walk out with new o ringss.

I found the most odd o ring t the local one and it is a tiny place.

It's not an O-ring that I'm looking for. The seals look like this, but I cant find the proper size anywhere. Tried Parker online too.

This is the bellhousing and the parts of the throwout bearing.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 272

Default Seals

These were all Formula Renault and made by Titan in the UK as part of the Renault kit . We had them for the Tatuus F2000 as well and I still have stock for the two cars we have here - there were two sizes but easy to measure piston. We tried sourcing them here with no luck (inc our Parker store). Let me know if you need them. Release bearing should be a standard Tilton part.
    Phil
    philipcreighton@earthlink.net
    678 366 2100

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 272

Default Seals

Duplicate!!
    Last edited by Phil Creighton; 02.26.18 at 1:29 PM.

Thread Information