Liked: 2

Post Alignment at Sebring

Hey guys thought I would post here for a little help finding someone to align my FST. Does anyone happen to know anyone or any companies going to Sebring this weekend that I could pay to align my Lynx B FST? I did a very rough alignment at home but I'm not 100% familiar with this car yet so was thinking a real aligntment would help. I know it's a long shot but if anyone can reach out I would really appreciate it!
    Best,
    Aaron
    Last edited by UFfitz56; 02.04.18 at 6:43 PM.

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by UFfitz56 View Post
    Hey guys thought I would post here for a little help finding someone to align my FST. Does anyone happen to know anyone or any companies going to Sebring this weekend that I could pay to align my Lynx B FST? I did a very rough alignment at home but I'm not 100% familiar with this car yet so was thinking a real aligntment would help. I know it's a long shot but if anyone can reach out I would really appreciate it!
    Best,
    Aaron
    Aaron, I will be at Sebring with my Lynx B vintage car and I will have alignment tools with me. A serious alignment can take a couple of hours. If you have a link pin beam make sure your front suspension is free but not loose. With the shocks off you should be able to depress the front beam by standing on it and have it bounce back. Getting the shims right is an art and can take a lot of time. Jack up each front wheel and check it for play both in the vertical and horizontal plane. Hold the front tire in both planes and try to move it. A little movement is ok in the vertical but the horizontal should not be loose as this is most likely a steering linkage problem. Check tightness of the front wheel bearing. I have no experience with disk brakes if that is what you are using. Jack up the car and check that you have front and rear brakes. On a new car you may need to bleed the brakes extensively. If you can drive it on a road I would check that the shifter and brakes work. I have a white van type Ford RV and an old white enclosed trailer with a red stripe on the side. I can show you how to do the alignment but will probably be busy working on my own car as I am trying to get if ready for the Vintage season. John Lynx B 15

Liked: 2

Hey John really appreciate the info! But yes the main difference is I have the ball joint front end (which i'm more comfortable with than aligning the rear) so hopefully I can stop by and pick your brain as I know you're busy with your own car. Ideally I was hoping to find a race team out there that knew a little bit about our cars and I could just pay them and learn lol.

Thanks again see you there!

Thread Information