Liked: 447

Default rFactor2 Fun Run Wednesday - 1/10/2018

Anyone up for a fun run tonight? A league for 5 people isn't appealing. Thoughts?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

i feel the same - 5 people is on the slight side..
    my thoughts (you asked ) if we are going to go, we should know tomorrow (Thursday) what track we will be running next Wednesday and that track and only that track should be on the server for the whole week. that way you know and can practice.
    example:
    Jan. 17th at 9:00 we will be at mid-ohio.
    whether it is a fun run or league. IMHO it is hard to get up for something when you don't know... my two cents.....
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Liked: 447

Thanks for the input, Jer!

I see your point. I've just left the tracks on the server for the most part and then let the rotation decide where we run. There's two thoughts on announcing or not announcing the track I'm thinking. The first thought is yours where a track is announced and that's all that is on the server all week. For the casual runs, my thought was that it would keep the fields closer for those who don't have time to practice all week long and want to jump in and run practice, quali, and race the night we run. If someone were to have seat time all week and someone jumps in with limited seat time, there's going to be a wider lap time window. We can see what the group likes and go from there.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 442

Should be there. Did you send a message to the guys who seem to have disappeared?

Either way for the tracks is fine with me I see the benefits of both.

Liked: 442

Good to see everyone out LOL!

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

yeah, i was under the weather, thought i could - but.....
    sorry
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Liked: 341

Sorry for the late reply and not being there last night. I was packing for our first Major of the year this weekend and could not set aside time to play.

I have also found that my controller problem is back and may be a hardware issue between the video card and the CPU. If so, it is an expensive fix and one I am not inclined to make immediately (computer works fine for all else).

I think having fun runs works since so few are committed to a league. I am indifferent to announce early and play track roulette. Either way is fine with me. Hopefully I can figure out the controller and come play again.

Eric Little

Thread Information