Liked: 6

Default 1200cc 77MM jug/piston set number

Can someone give me the model number of the EMPI AA jug/piston set please for a FV motor.
    Thanks
    Mark Rothermel
    Tennessee Valley Region SCCA
    Caracal C FV

Liked: 58

Default Pistons

Mark:

The number that I have is : VW 770074OE
    This is for the European model that fits the universal case with 90mm openings. Important as the other sets have a base that is too small for the universal cases and you will have to have inserts made.

Also be sure to measure the barrel heights as I have found that some vary as much as .008 from one barrel to another.

Hope this helps
    Dietmar
    Quixote Racing

Liked: 6

Thanks Dietmar, I being told vw7700T40EL for this "deal". Is that the same?
    Mark Rothermel
    Tennessee Valley Region SCCA
    Caracal C FV

Liked: 58

Default Pistons

Mark:

The CORRECT number is : VW 7700T40E ( not 77007). Forgot the little hook on that last 7 to make it a T
    I do not know about the AA's other than:

I will not use them. I have customers that supply them and I then modify barrel heights according to their specs.

If you call AA, ask what the barrel diameter is where it enters the case. That is the 90mm that I was referring to.

There are some AA sets that are much smaller to fit the early cases.

Feel free to call if you need more info.

Dietmar
    Quixote Racing

Thread Information