Thread: ARRC UPDATE

Forum Advertiser
    Liked: 6

As of Friday the 15th, Hoosier has committed another $3000.00 in prize money. They have also committed a tire contigency as well, Bob Berman from Dolphin Motorsports has given $1000.00 in prize money. By Tuesday I'll have abreakdown of the payout even without driver contributions. Let's make this new start for this car. If You have any questions, you can call me at 706 543-1797. Kevin at comprent motor sports

Liked: 0

Results (probably up by tonight on the ARRC site anyway). How did the cars run as a group? Looked like a good turn out.

Thanks for any input I'm really hopeful going forward that things are turned around through a lot of people's (other than myself) hard work and some serious patience.
    Sincerely,
    Erik Skirmants
    SCCA Enterprises

Liked: 3787

The most beautiful of racing conditions.
    Many personal bests.

Pos Class.. Driver ... ... CAR
    4.. 1 FSC.. Franklin Futrelle, FSCCA
    5.. 1 FS.. Glenn Cooper, Star FM
    6.. 2 FSC.. David Grant
    7.. 3 FSC.. Chris Meredith
    8.. 2 FS.. Sam Lockwood, Star FM
    9.. 4 FSC.. Keith Grant
    10.. 1 CC.. Brian Burke, 88 Reynard
    11.. 2 CC.. Mark Hatheway, 84 Reynard
    12.. 3 FS.. Sean O'Connell, 96 VD
    13.. 5 FSC.. Anthony Gigliotti
    14.. 6 FSC.. Eric Cruz
    15.. 3 CC.. Paul Smith, 88 reynard
    16.. 1 CF.. Steve Robertson, VD RF79
    17.. 7 FSC.. Neil Tilbor
    18.. 8 FSC.. Justin Pritchard
    19.. 9 FSC.. Bruce Allen
    20.. 4 CC.. Harvey Schmidt, Crossle 68F
    21.. 2 CF.. Jack Velden
    22.. 10 FSC.. Mickey Hardy
    23.. 11 FSC.. Tilden Kinlaw
    24.. 12 FSC.. Roberto Boffi
    25.. DNF FSC.. Noah Bystrom
    27.. DNF CF.. Ruptured Duck, Crossle 35F

Lots of neat stories... later.

Forum Advertiser

I will post FSCCA finishers and prize money by the end of Wednesday. I just recveived the final results this AM. Kevin

Forum Advertiser

The top ten for last weekends ARRC race at Road Atlanta are listed below:

1. Franklin Futrelle $1000.00 plus one set of Hoosier Tires, $100.00 credit at Robinson Motorsports
    2. David Grant $800.00 plus two tires from Hoosier, $100.00 credit at Robinson Motorsports
    3. Chris Meredith $600.00 plus one tire from Hoosier, $100.00 credit at Robinson
    4. Keith Grant $250.00
    5. Tony Giglotti $200.00
    6. Erir Cruz $150.00
    7. Neil Tilbor $150.00 plus $100 from Robinson Motorsports for the first Sports Racer
    8. Justin Pritchard $100.00
    9. Bruce Allen $100.00
    10.Mickey Hardy $100.00
    Franklin Futrelle Received $250.00 for the pole and $100.00 for the fastest lap.
    Eric Cruz won $200.00 for the HARD CHARGER AWARD by coming from 10th to sixth.
    I want give special thanks to Bob Berman at Dolphin Motorsports for his generous gift. I also want thank Jim Dickson at SCCA Enterprises, Bruce Foss at Hoosier, Mick Rbinson at Robinson Motorsports, Shawn Morrison and Tony Giglotti of Motion Dynamics.

[size="1"][ November 10, 2004, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Kloepfer ][/size]

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Photo of FSCCA start by Purple Frog (it was very late in the day ... dark, deep shadows)

Liked: 3787

Bill,

You must have worked some "photoshop magic" on that photo. When I sent it to you I thought it looked like it had been taken at night, without a flash. [img]redface.gif[/img]

For those that don't know Road Atlanta, the S/F line is just out of the picture in front of Franklin's nose. The weather was beautiful, but it was hell on the drivers going up to T2 directly into the Sun.

At least as a photo-op, I thought the split start worked out well. It certainly make it easier for all in FSCCA to know where they stood in their mini-group. Get a few more cars and I would suppose that next year Fletcher Williams and Company will give you your own race. With the kind of race conditions we had, plus the hospitality afforded by Atlanta Region, I see no reason why over half the chassis delivered shouldn't show up next year for this event.

A lot of credit goes to Kevin (and Joe Tovo) for putting out the effort to make something happen this year.

Liked: 1

Man T-5 brake & turn-in was the BLIND spot! It was just white light, no idea where you were on the track if you were new to the place. [img]graemlins/skull.gif[/img]
    The SCCA cars were the class of the field, makes me wonder what it would be like to drive one in a big field with all the cars alike?
    Maby MA will let me test his new SCCA car next year on the cheep? Just to get it ready for some fast pro guy you know.
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 96

Questions for Bruce Allen:
    How was your trip to Road Atlanta?
    How long did the drive down take?
    Any comments from a RA first-timer?
    Did that video clip help at all?
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Senior Member Bruce Allen FSCCA #82's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Trip was a ball partly because a neighbor joined my pit crew with his humongous diesel pusher RV that we parked directly behind the grandstand. Took around 17 hours (1200 miles each way) with an overnite stop at WalMart in Durham on the way down to see my son-- this hurt because we got stuck for two hours in DC 495 traffic.
    The track was a ball to drive but I still don't have big enough balls for blind turn 2 and 11, or full throttle into blinding sun at 5 PM at turn 2, 5 and 7. I'll bet that T bone incident after turn 7 was due to sun.
    Your video and others helped a lot but my Grand Prix Legends simulator with Momo force feedback wheel helped more. It had the old course without 10A and 10B and I tried it with 60s Grand Prix cars as well as Formula Ford- gawd they had testes. 450 hp, 1500 pounds, well over 150 mph and 5 inch wide snow tires.
    Bruce, the "Greased Shadow"

Thread Information