Liked: 18

Default Denso Alternator Part # ?

Starting my build and looking to source the smaller Denso alternator that HPD supplies with the kit. I'm in Canada so looking to get it here, rather than importing.
    Anyone have the part # handy?

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4364

I have not been near a race car since I saw your post Kevin, but hope to get to it in the next few days. If it is not the same, its real close to the unit that the early VD-Zetecs were driving off the rear axle ..... so perhaps someone has surplus units they would donate.

My experience was that the purchased components from HPD were priced cheaper than I could buy elsewhere. It was the fabricated parts made in house that were expensive.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    I have not been near a race car since I saw your post Kevin, but hope to get to it in the next few days. If it is not the same, its real close to the unit that the early VD-Zetecs were driving off the rear axle ..... so perhaps someone has surplus units they would donate.

My experience was that the purchased components from HPD were priced cheaper than I could buy elsewhere. It was the fabricated parts made in house that were expensive.
    Thanks Greg.
    I have the added challenge of Honda not shipping to Canada.
    I can send them to Ogdensburg, but that means NY tax, + our HST,+1 hour drive both ways, + $10 for the bridge.
    I've been collecting batches of parts on various business trips to the US, and was hoping that the alternator might be available here.

Liked: 54

I bought a replacement Denso alternator from Race Proven for my late model Van Diemen Honda conversion. The first one threw the windings and broken the fins on the case.
    The new one had the windings potted and has worked great for 4 years.
    This alternator is slightly smaller than the stock Honda Fit unit to clear the frame rail brace in the engine bay.

The attached drawing they sent me lists part number 20187-A, but I believe that's Race Proven Inc. part number.
    They can be reached at:
    alexcalvo@raceproven.com

Hope that helps...

Attachment 75437

Thanks Dan.
    Still not getting me to a Denso Part no.
    This may be an option...but I think I can still get it in Canada for a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Pyanowski View Post
    I bought a replacement Denso alternator from Race Proven for my late model Van Diemen Honda conversion. The first one threw the windings and broken the fins on the case.
    The new one had the windings potted and has worked great for 4 years.
    This alternator is slightly smaller than the stock Honda Fit unit to clear the frame rail brace in the engine bay.

The attached drawing they sent me lists part number 20187-A, but I believe that's Race Proven Inc. part number.
    They can be reached at:
    alexcalvo@raceproven.com

Hope that helps...

Attachment 75437

Might be Denso 129423-77200
    Apparently a common alternator used by John Deer tractors as well...lol.

Liked: 141

My kubota has a denso 1623-64012. To dark to check the John Deere but it has a Yanmar in it. Search kubota on the site, lots of alt. stuff.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 16

Default Denso Part Number

I use the small 50A Denso on my Atlantic, Part no is: 021080- 0760, (I think this supersedes an older part number )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Graham

Contributing Member zangyomotorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 36

Default Honda Fit Alternator

PM sent

10. The following members LIKED this post:

thanks all...
    it seems the Honda part from the US is still cheaper for me in Canada (at least for a new part)

so next question...
    Does the OEM Fit alternator fit in a 99 VD chassis?
    Last edited by karmaboy; 12.05.17 at 8:30 AM.

Thread Information