Liked: 80

Default 84 Van Diemen

Ok I've thought long and hard about this because this car is an amazing car. When I bought the car in April of 2014 I had no Idea that this would be the most fun car I've ever driven in Solo 2 but here I am thinking about selling the car and all that I have done, as the car sits right now it's ready for the next 2020 year, yes it's that ready, last autocross event coming up testing some new stuff and then put the car up for the winter break.
    Car has a great engine, very strong engine won the 2018 solo National's, Mk9 transmission is in great shape one of the ears is broken off but is high up so it doesn't leak, brakes are all new W/Aluminum AP calipers, Has a brand new stock aluminum Radiator, has the stock fuel cell that has been refurbished, has Penske double adjustable shocks, OZ wheels, and stock compomotive wheels, extra front nose, and lots of extra parts.

1984 Van Diemen Formula Ford

Very straight Frame
    Double Adjustable Penske Shocks (Front & Rear dyno'd with Fronts getting Full rebuild by Guy Ankeny)
    New solid Rotors
    AP aluminum Calipers (Stainless pistons all around with new G-loc Pads)
    Tilton Brake bias control
    EIbach front springs
    Eibach rear springs
    Refurbished stock Fuel Cell (Installed 2/2017)
    OZ Racing wheels (1 set)
    Van Diemen Turbo Wheels (1set)
    Bellhousing has Keyserts for sheerplates
    All 3 Master Cyl. are 4 years Old

DRIVETRAIN/GEARBOX:
    Hewland MK-9
    10:31 ratio
    Min. Spec weight Flywheel w/ Tilton 7.25" Clutch
    5 Gear sets
    Spare Dog rings
    Lighted CV's (repacked religiously)
    Replaced wheel Bearings

ENGINE:
    Ford Kent
    Header
    Prepped 32/36 Weber Carb
    Bosch distributor
    Integral Oil Filter assembly 
    MSD soft touch Rev limiter (installed 10/20/15)
    Engine cooling fan

ELECTRICAL:
    Every Connector is Heat Shrink Crimped?

DATA ACQUISITION/ Gauges:

Coolant Temperature sensor with Progressive gauge
    Oil Pressure Sensor with Progressive gauge
    Oil Temperature sensor with Progressive guage

I've put a lot of time into this car especially minor things I've done to avoid annoyances and DNF's. This also could be a great Vintage FF all it would need is a fire system and new belts and the way you go. With me in the car it weighs in at 1103 Dry, so at the min weight safely. There is so much to talk about and you can call me after you PM me to get my number to work out the small details and info about the car. More pic's to come.

$17,900 for car, I have lots more pics available for serious inquiries. Please PM or email.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CM/FFdriver; 09.07.19 at 8:30 PM.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 502

Quote Originally Posted by CM/FFdriver View Post
    Ok I've thought long and hard about this because this car is an amazing car. When I bought the car in April of 2014 I had no Idea that this would be the most fun car I've ever driven in Solo 2 but here I am thinking about selling this car and all that I have done, as the car sits right now it's ready for the next 2018 year, yes I'm that ready, last autocross event coming up testing some new stuff and then put the car up for the winter break.
    Car has a great engine that was rebuilt in 2009 but driven very little, very strong engine from my point of view, Mk9 transmission is in great shape one of the ears is broken off but is high up so it doesn't leak, brakes are all new W/Aluminum AP calipers, Has a brand new stock aluminum Radiator, has the stock fuel cell that has been refurbished, has Penske double adjustable shocks, OZ wheels, and stock compomotive wheels, extra front nose, and some extra parts.

1984 Van Diemen Formula Ford

Very straight Frame
    Double Adjustable Penske Shocks (Front & Rear dyno'd with Fronts getting Full rebuild by Guy Ankeny)
    New solid Rotors
    AP aluminum Calipers (Stainless pistons all around with 2 month old Hawk Pads)
    Tilton Brake bias control
    Swift front springs
    Swift rear springs
    Refurbished stock Fuel Cell (Installed 2/2017)
    OZ Racing wheels (1 set)
    Van Diemen Turbo Wheels (1set)
    Bellhousing has Keyserts for sheerplates
    All 3 Master Cyl. are 2 years Old

DRIVETRAIN/GEARBOX:
    Hewland MK-9
    10:31 ratio
    Min. Spec weight Flywheel w/ Tilton 7.25" Clutch
    10 Gear sets
    Spare Dog rings
    Lighted CV's (repacked religiously)
    Replaced wheel Bearings

ENGINE:
    Ford Kent (Refreshed in 2009)
    Hi-Tech Header, (with some extra go fast parts yet to be installed)
    Prepped 32/36 Weber Carb
    Bosch distributor
    Integral Oil Filter assembly 
    MSD soft touch Rev limiter (installed 10/20/15)

ELECTRICAL:
    Every Connector is Heat Shrink Crimped?

DATA ACQUISITION/ Gauges:

Coolant Temperature sensor with Progressive gauge
    Oil Pressure Sensor with Progressive gauge
    Oil Temperature sensor with Progressive guage

I've put a lot of time into this car especially minor things I've done to avoid annoyances and DNF's. This also could be a great Vintage FF all it would need is a fire system and new belts and the way you go. With me in the car it weighs in at 1103 Dry, so at the min weight safely. There is so much to talk about and you can call me after you PM me to get my number to work out the small details and info about the car. More pic's to come.

Can come with a 16 x 7 enclosed trailer for $4500.00
    $15,900 for car, or both for $20,000 I have lots more pics available for serious inquiries. Please PM or email.
    When it sells, are you going to finally pay for the parts that you bought here? 9 year old engine?
    Caveat Emptor with this one fellas.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 183

having competed against this car, anyone who buys it has no excuse to be slow. This car placed 3rd in the nationals this year.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1

Hate to see you leave the class. You've had some good success with the car ! I'm recovering from back surgery, so plans for next year uncertain. If able, I'll be at Nationals next year. Would like to run against you, again. Not many '84 Van Diemens running - ours made it two !!

Liked: 1

Might be interested in buying the OZ wheels. Cash, or cash and another set of Compomotives ?

Liked: 18

Default Shocks.

You might be sitting on your car for a while. I’ve been trying to sell mine for 3years. That being said, wanna sell the shocks?????
    I have the originals that I’ll send to you. They’re in fine shape for autocross.

Liked: 183

Quote Originally Posted by speedr727 View Post
    You might be sitting on your car for a while. I’ve been trying to sell mine for 3years. That being said, wanna sell the shocks?????
    I have the originals that I’ll send to you. They’re in fine shape for autocross.
    I have a set of penskes for sale too... http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...hocks-for-sale

Thread Information