Liked: 2

Default Looking for info on this Formcar

Hello, i am looking on any information about the history of this formcar.
    On the body it says driver dave tracy and on the back Watson 'competition' VW engines, and underneath looks like: ri 39317 tulsa?ola
    Does anybody on this forum know this car and where it was raced in the early years?

thank you for helping!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	formcar.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	72324  

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 310

RI3-9317 is a telephone number in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It would now be 743-9317. The RI meant Riverside. The telephone company stopped using letters many, many years ago. The letters following the telephone number should be Tulsa, Okla. Okla is the traditional abbreviation for the state of Oklahoma before the U.S. Postmaster mandated two letter abbreviations.

Since the car is from Tulsa, the car would have been raced mostly in the SCCA's MidWest Division. Most of the MidWest Division tracks from that era are long gone. Some of them were the park in Ponca City, Oklahoma, the airports at Hutchinson, Kansas, and La Junta, Colorado, Continental Divide Raceway at Castle Rock, Colorado and Mid-America Raceway in Wentzville, Missouri. There were others.

There is an attorney by the name of David A. Tracy in Tulsa. By his biography he is too young to be the driver of this car. But, he may be related to the Dave Tracy who did drive it. You can find David A. Tracy's office address and phone number with Google.

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    RI3-9317 is a telephone number in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It would now be 743-9317. The RI meant Riverside. The telephone company stopped using letters many, many years ago. The letters following the telephone number should be Tulsa, Okla. Okla is the traditional abbreviation for the state of Oklahoma before the U.S. Postmaster mandated two letter abbreviations.

Since the car is from Tulsa, the car would have been raced mostly in the SCCA's MidWest Division. Most of the MidWest Division tracks from that era are long gone. Some of them were the park in Ponca City, Oklahoma, the airports at Hutchinson, Kansas, and La Junta, Colorado, Continental Divide Raceway at Castle Rock, Colorado and Mid-America Raceway in Wentzville, Missouri. There were others.

There is an attorney by the name of David A. Tracy in Tulsa. By his biography he is too young to be the driver of this car. But, he may be related to the Dave Tracy who did drive it. You can find David A. Tracy's office address and phone number with Google.
    Thank you for al this information, i will go from here with searching its history. Thanks again!!

Liked: 1

Default I know this Formcar

I bought this car from Dave Tracy around 2004. It was in his barn along with another early FV that I traded to Bob Lybarger. I sold the Formcar to a man in North California in 2006.

Neil Cox
    Tulsa, OK

Hello Neil, Thank you so much for this information, i will send you a pm.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by P3FV View Post
    I bought this car from Dave Tracy around 2004. It was in his barn along with another early FV that I traded to Bob Lybarger. I sold the Formcar to a man in North California in 2006.

Neil Cox
    Tulsa, OK

Thread Information