The Neohio Region is hosting their annual competition clinic on March 20th at the Cleveland IX Center located next to Cleveland Hopkin's airport. This is a great way to shake off the winter blues and get fired up for the coming racing season.
This year, the clinic will be broken down into 3 tracks running concurrently throughout the day.
#1 Beginning SCCA road racing: how to get started. this is a great way for a newbie to find out how to get involved in our crazy sport.
#2 Experienced SCCA road racing:how to make your car go faster. topics covered will be suspension, shocks, brakes, tires, engine prep, data acquisition, and fuel specifications. The suspension/shock portion will be chaired by our very own forum member Dave Weitzenhof.
#3 SCCA Solo. Sorry, i don't know a thing about solo. [maybe i should go to this track myself].
In addition to the three tracks, other highlights include: a lunchtime [yes the entry includes lunch] presentation on the physical/psychological preparation of the racing driver. A workshop where a team will attempt to build a Spec Miata in a day. And a timing and scoring workshop, including how to operate updated hardware and software, and the use of icards.
This is a great deal for $30, and again, a great way to get the juices flowing for thr new season. Information and entry forms are available at www.neohio-scca.org.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------