Liked: 190

Doug,

Does "FS: Events & Results" stand for Formula Special: Events & Results?
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 1417

When I set up the SpecFormula forums, there seemed to be a catch-all in Formula S as well as the new Formula SCCA, which is what everything will wind up covering. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Being that I have a Formula Special, I would guess that this can be my own little universe

Just think, now I can post race results here so I can see how I did [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 0

Do the Formula S rules allow IRL and CART chassis and engines?I would like to pick up a used IRL car or CART car and run it at club events.

Mike,

As I understand, FS rules will allow just about anything EXCEPT for F1, CART and IRL cars.

Bill
    Bill Bonow

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

The rules in "Fast Tracks' in the last year state max weight 1300lbs. but nothing about excluding any peticular series cars. Reads as anything goes as long as it meets the safety rules (GCR), and fits the weight limits. Can not fit into any other existing class as configured. Allows superchargers, turbos, unlimited engine, unrestricted aero, wheels, tires, ect. Great class for "real racers"; guys (or gals) who enjoy designing or modifying, preparing, maintaining and driving what should be the fastest club race cars allowed! Homologation was simple, just some pictures and specs and $75.00. SCCA will email you the forms. Scott Woodruff, F/S #05 1983 Ralt RT5 2.1 VW Crossflow SEDIV.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Here in the SCCA San Francisco region we have some interesting FS entrys. Like 3 Ralt RT-4's powered by a BMW V-12,a Vaxhal 2.2 twin cam [295HP!] and an Audi Turbo 4 cyl. When they hold togeather they are fun to watch! I run my pro legal Van Diemen Zetec in FS and do very well.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

BMW 12 cylinder? What kind of transaxle are they running to hold that kind of power? I'm looking at a supercharger for my VW 2.1 and wondering if the Mark 9 is up to the task. Scott.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 0

Frank Sanchez had an Indy Lights car at the last regional at Summit Point. It was pretty fast down the straights but did not seem to have anything in the twisty bits.

A BMW V-12, geez. Our half dozen FS (FST Cen-Div sub-class) cars here in the Mid-West have a whopping 85 hp 4 cyl. I guess we will stay away from the West Coast!
    Bill Bonow

Thread Information