I blew my engine and replaced it with a complete new engine from Enterprises. The block was cracked so I thougght I might have overreved and thrown a con rod but I have now completely disassembled my FSCCA engine. There was no catastrophic damage so I guess the failure was not my overreving but instead overheating due to a water hose popping off (I thought this was the affect rather than the cause). There was no metal in the oil or the pan or anywhere.

The only noticeable damage besides the block cracked on both sides at cyl. 2 and 3 is scuffing of the pistons on the circumference at the top and corresponding scuffing on a couple of the cylinder liners near the top. I suppose this could be because of overheated pistons and block expanding and rubbing. BTW, I was using 93 octane pump gas. No more.

The engine had 2 hours on it when it was blown. Yes, the engine rebuild will have to be done by Enterprises.

Enterprises pieces and other accessories for sale:
Oil pump and pulley
Oil pan with hoses and baffle
flywheel
Water cover plate with 90 degree hose fitting
oil cover plate with fitting
water pump and pulley
coil and wires
4 plugs
crank pulley and timing wheel
timing clank angle sensor
throttle body

Mazda engine (block and pistons are no good- the rest is fine.):
Crankshaft (pristine condition- gotta be valuable)
4 con rods (attached to the pistons)
Head with valves, springs, 2 cams, injectors and fuel rail
valve cover
front engine chain cover
front oil cover
chain and 2 guides and tensioner
crankshaft lower retaining casting
Lotsa bolts including head, crankshaft, etc.
All the bearings look new

Please respond via private email. Enterprises will offer to buy some of these parts from me.
bruce@brucesallen.com