Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default rFactor2 Server Online

hey guys..
    Yeah, i know - Long time hearing from me..
    I see on RF2's list that there is a site for Apexspeed RF2, indy grad prix of Alabama. is that you guys? there is a Password and i couldn't find anything here about it or am i missing something? would be interested to do some hot laps and maybe even race, pending time schedule. Let me Know.....
    Hope all is well with everyone here.......
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Liked: 442

I wouldn't mind getting some races in in between screaming children.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Likewise. I spend most of the time doing mx5 races.

Liked: 447

Wow, that didn't take long. I finally got my rF2 server up and running last night around midnight.

Ok, so I would like to maybe get a league going eventually, but the tracks I would like to race on haven't been proven to be good/functional tracks yet. So here's what I'm thinking. First, I need to work with a volunteer who is fairly technical who can summarize the steps with me needed to get things working from their end so that we can get a nice list of steps needed to follow in order to join ApexSpeed server hosted races. Once we do that, we can post the steps and have several more volunteers join in and we can perform mock races/fun runs in order to make sure everything works well (starts, flags, pit lane, etc). Once we do all that, we can then start putting together a real league. I'd like to also find some kind of hot laps and race monitor add-in similar to what we had with the original rFactor leagues.

So far, for anyone to join the server and run laps you will need to first download and install the custom rfmod package that I created which should contain the car and tracks needed to run. It's kind of hefty at 3GB, but then you won't need to go search for random content in order to have everything you need. Then you will need to try logging into the server using the password: rfactor2

I will have more to come as I learn more about the race hosting aspects of rF2, but once we get it down, it will be fantastic!!!!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

as you know keith - i am not the technical type... as my next question will attest:
    i typed in the password on the ApexSpeed rF2 Server and just got "package not available"
    i tried the password again in all caps and got: invalid password, so my first password was working. i seem to be having a problem with the get mod portion of rfactor??? anybody with suggestions.
    if i can get in server i will do hot laps and testing as my time schedule allows...
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

I can help with testing.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Santucci 33 View Post
    i seem to be having a problem with the get mod portion of rfactor??? anybody with suggestions.

Correct... the server password is only one of the two keys to getting in. The rfmod that is 3GB needs to be downloaded and installed is the second key. I will provide a link to the download to everyone once I confirm that all of this works then I will create a second version of the rfmod file with an up to date version of the USF2000 mod and latest tracks. I seem to be uncertain right now how to get the files for the tracks that I'm subscribed to in the Steam workshop which are the latest. I can send you the information to at least get this tested out, but if I have to guide you through how to download the files, I may hold off until I can get a formal instruction sheet documented with the step by step info you may need.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    I can help with testing.

Server info on its way via PM...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Jerry and I met on the server last night and ran a mock race at Limerock with some AI. Initial test proves it to work!!!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Got logged on no problem but one minor issue. It was night at the track so couldn't do anything other than drive around in the pitch black.

I'll make a note of that. The practice session is longer than it is daytime.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

a quick fix for this is to go to voting and restart the weekend, it might take more than one restart, but it works. i don't know how to fix it from Keith's end, i believe it is the jason file and you have to preset for daylight running, not random..
    i tried the new rolling starts with AI's last night and i agree it should make starts lest hectic.
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Yes I found the vote / restart function so got some daytime running in. Had to use it again when i left the pits to early as always!!

Liked: 852

Keith,
    Not sure what you have set up, but it would certainly be NICE (and might generate more interest) if Sonoma/Sears Point could be one of the tracks
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Quote Originally Posted by na94 View Post
    Likewise. I spend most of the time doing mx5 races.
    Please post in this thread if you'd like to be part of the league.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...ague-Headcount
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information