Thread: Spa F1

Liked: 101

Default Spa F1

Sooooo.....

Alonso took a turn flat for the first time in Q, and his active engine management got confused on where he was on track, and didn't give him the requested power ??????

Maybe if I had that feature, I could bolt the pedal down, hold on, let the Ecu drive, and than catch Portante and the Grant boys.....yeh, that's the ticket !
    ????

Liked: 530

Yeah i don't quite get why the electronics are so sophisticated and they are allowed such features as power limiting based upon track position. Seems to take quite a bit of probable error out of the driver hands. The driver's championship just can't be taken as very meaningful when the car is doing so much of the work.. I'd venture to say there are perhaps 5 drivers in today's grid that could win if they had the best equipment and electronic aid.

That's not to say there isn't immense talent, but the sport has really taken a lot out of the driver and put it in the hands of engineering. So let's get back to cars that require drivers and if engineers want a battle, they can do it with autonomous cars.

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 353

It would be worthwhile to keep in mind that the teams are competing for a manufacturers championship, not a driver's championship. To expand on Frank Williams known disdain for drivers, if the teams could use self driving cars they'd jump at it.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Liked: 80

we should be thankful that 2-way telemetry was outlawed not so many years ago., eliminating ecu management on the fly

one can only imagine what a mess that would be now.

Liked: 141

Quote Originally Posted by bill gillespie View Post
    .................... I could bolt the pedal down...........................
    I thought you already did - always looks like it to me.

Liked: 268

Default Spa F1

Kimi was screwed by the Stewards in this race! Ferrari should have demanded to see the telemetry on all cars passing the site to see how many lifted or not, then and only then should a penalty should have happened. The penalty was about a 30 second stop when the two morons from Force India got about a 5 second slap on the wrist? Go figure?

Thread Information