Liked: 679

Default barber for rFactor

I haven't been to Barber for years,and want to brush up. Is there a good Barber for rFactor, and a safe way to download it? I get red flags when I go to rFactorcentral.com now.

Alternately, is rFactor 2 worth buying, as it seems to have Barber and VIR [the VIR for rFactor one is pretty poor in my opinion. Are the tracks for rfactor 2 better?]

Will the Lola FF for rFactor work inRF2?
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 447

Yes and Yes. Are you signed into rFactorCentral when trying to download Barber?

I think I see what you're stating... They haven't upgraded the certificates on their web server. I would say it's still safe to click on advanced and proceed to the website. One thing you have to do is scroll down to the public download links. The links at the top right of the page force you to be a "Pro" member and pay to download anything.

Here's a direct link to the download. Click the big green button on top and NOT the one on the bottom of the page.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8oyfym...v1-55_FULL.rar
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    Yes and Yes. Are you signed into rFactorCentral when trying to download Barber?

I think I see what you're stating... They haven't upgraded the certificates on their web server. I would say it's still safe to click on advanced and proceed to the website. One thing you have to do is scroll down to the public download links. The links at the top right of the page force you to be a "Pro" member and pay to download anything.

Here's a direct link to the download. Click the big green button on top and NOT the one on the bottom of the page.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8oyfym...v1-55_FULL.rar
    Thanks, Keith
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdrivr View Post
    Thanks, Keith

Got a chance to download it. I hit 'open' in FilZip, and nothing happens that I can tell. Do I need to extract to---X? Extract to C;/Program files/rfactor/ (86) /game data?
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Liked: 447

Yes, it needs to be extracted and then put the extracted folder in the locations folder. It will make more sense of the path once the zip archive is extracted.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Keith,
    I need to buy another vowel. I loaded it, got it to show up in program files, and the track shows up in the list in rFactor. When I click on the variations of the track, the map changes accordingly,but when I hit "load track", my cursor disappears and nothing happens. I have to hit 'escape' and it shuts down rFactor. Any idea what I did wrong?
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

I re-loaded it, and got to the screen after the menu screen, but the track doesn't load. I get

g Motor 2 error

error opening MAS file BIRMINGHAMLONG.MAS
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Liked: 341

When I extract that file, it puts all of the tracks in a subdirectory called "Birmingham_MP"

Simply copy that directory to the following:

rFactor\GameData\Locations

You should be good from there. In your posting up above, it looks like you might have loaded it to GameData rather than Locations. Hope that helps. It works on my machine in the subdirectory that I mention above.

Eric Little

I think I got it. I'll get to test it this weekend, I hope.
    Thanks, guys
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

I got it working, and it is very accurate, I think. Thanks, guys!
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Thread Information