Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

Default Occasional Crew Help Wanted

Demand has far exceeded our meager expectations for our first year in business, and we're in need of a little help from time to time.

We are looking for a friendly and outgoing person with a passion for motorsport and an eagerness to get their hands dirty. This is very much an entry-level position and it is not (yet) steady work.

Are you available on race weekends? Eager to learn? Willing to clean cars, change tires, belt in drivers, attend to checklists and details?

Minimum qualifications:

- Friendly: You will be representing Wrenchaholics to customers and fans; interpersonal skills are a must.
    - Willing to learn: Open mind to learn and grow with us.
    - Hands-on: Prep and cleanliness tasks, loading/unloading, able to handle basic mechanical tasks without supervision, able to lift and carry tools and tires.
    - Detail oriented: Able to handle basic paperwork tasks such as weekend check-in, checklists, and documenting problems and setup changes in the logs.
    - Flexible: Would love to grow this into a full-time position, but for now it's the occasional weekends and pre/post-weekend details. We're willing to work with you on this.

Extra stuff - Not mandatory, the "It sure would be nice if you could help us handle some of the harder stuff too" traits:

Creative: Ability to handle some photo and video tasks, update FB and Instagram; help generate ideas and 'fun' stuff. "Maker" mentality.
    Mechanical Aptitude: Experience in vehicle maintenance and setup.
    Safe driving record: Possible need for a tow vehicle driver on occasion.

What we offer in return:

Flexible schedule - we'll work with you ahead of time for availability and need.
    Trust - You'll be representing the team as one of us.
    Knowledge - No secrets here, if you'd like to learn and we have the knowledge, it's yours for the asking. Coaching and data acquisition assistance for free, and a reduced rate on renting our E30 ITS car.
    Pay - A little more than minimum wage, and a little more than that on race weekends.
    Food/Beverages - the cooler will be well stocked and we'll make sure you're fed when away from home.

Check out our website at wrenchaholics.com and give me a call if interested at NineOneSix-SixOneTwo-SevenSixNineTwo. Racecraft is Soulcraft!

Cheers,

Cade
    Last edited by MotorCade; 04.19.17 at 4:45 PM.
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Rental, Coaching, and Data Analysis for Great Lakes Region

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 40

Default Sent an e- mail

??Sent an e-mail from your web site.
    I would rather be making racing news than reading it. Living the dream out here in the middle of farm country

Contributing Member

Thanks for interest!

Still open - I probably should throw out there that I'm local to Howell, MI. I've had questions to clarify the pay - I'm offering $10/hour with race days at $125/day to help cover cost of travel/lodging/snacks on those days.

It's very entry-level and very part-time. I'm still a start-up shop or I'd love to be able to offer more and hire some of the very talented people out there.

Thanks!

Cade
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Liked: 2

Any openings for this weekend at Mid Ohio?

P.S. I haven't worked on a race car so I'm not sure what basic mech tasks are, but I willing to learn.

[SIZE=1]P.P.S Beat Navy[/SIZE]

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_12 View Post

[SIZE=1]P.P.S Beat Navy[/SIZE]
    This is no way to open a job interview! lol. I work with a number of USMA grads and we have a good bit of fun with the rivalry at work. Fun fact - I started my military career Army enlisted... so I'm confident in saying the food is better in the Navy.

This weekend, I'm just banging through all the prep tasks for Majors weekend at Grattan Aug 12-13th. If you're interested in helping out there, I'd be open to it. I'm willing to train. 916-612-7692 cell

Cheers!

Cade
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCade View Post
    Fun fact - I started my military career Army enlisted... so I'm confident in saying the food is better in the Navy.
    Haha, agreed and i never had navy chow. Sadly, I will not be able to make that weekend... Heading back to AL. I will definitely try again when I get back in town.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member

Sounds good - let me know. Cheers!
    www.wrenchaholics.com

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information