Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

Default Entry Level Occasional Help Wanted

Demand has far exceeded our meager expectations for our first year in business, and we're in need of a little help from time to time.

We are looking for a friendly and outgoing person with a passion for motorsport and an eagerness to get their hands dirty. This is very much an entry-level position and it is not (yet) steady work.

Are you available on race weekends? Eager to learn? Willing to clean cars, change tires, belt in drivers, attend to checklists and details?

Minimum qualifications:

- Friendly: You will be representing Wrenchaholics to customers and fans; interpersonal skills are a must.
    - Willing to learn: Open mind to learn and grow with us.
    - Hands-on: Prep and cleanliness tasks, loading/unloading, able to handle basic mechanical tasks without supervision, able to lift and carry tools and tires.
    - Detail oriented: Able to handle basic paperwork tasks such as weekend check-in, checklists, and documenting problems and setup changes in the logs.
    - Flexible: Would love to grow this into a full-time position, but for now it's the occasional weekends and pre/post-weekend details. We're willing to work with you on this.

Extra stuff - Not mandatory, the "It sure would be nice if you could help us handle some of the harder stuff too" traits:

Creative: Ability to handle some photo and video tasks, update FB and Instagram; help generate ideas and 'fun' stuff. "Maker" mentality.
    Mechanical Aptitude: Experience in vehicle maintenance and setup.
    Safe driving record: Possible need for a tow vehicle driver on occasion.

What we offer in return:

Flexible schedule - we'll work with you ahead of time for availability and need.
    Trust - You'll be representing the team as one of us.
    Knowledge - No secrets here, if you'd like to learn and we have the knowledge, it's yours for the asking. Coaching and data acquisition assistance for free, and a reduced rate on renting our E30 ITS car.
    Pay - A little more than minimum wage, and a little more than that on race weekends.
    Food/Beverages - the cooler will be well stocked and we'll make sure you're fed when away from home.

Check out our website at wrenchaholics.com and give me a call if interested at NineOneSix-SixOneTwo-SevenSixNineTwo. Racecraft is Soulcraft!

Cheers,

Cade

PS - please feel free to share this with those that might be interested. This is a good opportunity for flexible work around another job or school for a young person enthusiastic about racing.
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Rental, Coaching, and Data Analysis for Great Lakes Region

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 2

Default From Karts to Cars

Hello,
    I am a 15 year old multi champion kart racer and race car driver. I live in Colorado but will travel over the summer to learn so I can move up to the next level.
    I love formula cars. My dream has always been F1 since I was 5 yrs old racing in Quarter Midgets where I won my 1st title. Since then I have won a total of 10 championships in 10 years. 7 in karts and 3 in cars. I also have a Grand National Championship.
    I have been invited to race F4 by the Meritus GP, and also an American F4 team. (My family can't afford it right now). I think my best bet is to gain some experience on the tuning side of racing. Truthfully, most of my experience is behind the wheel but I am willing and eager to learn. I have tested in some fast cars from F500 to F2000.
    I am only available during the summer as I am a high school student.
    I have excellent references, Shelley Unser, Cody Unser, Johnny Unser, Greg Welch, Merle Jones, Bruno Carniero, Terry Pitts, and more. Please see my twitter @arcracer, arcracer.com, and arcracer on fb.
    Thank You, Austin Ray Chalman (719)371-3122

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information