Thread: EGT temps

Liked: 91

Default EGT temps

Looking for target peak EGT temps for a Suzuki MC engine. I know dyno testing for peak HP would yield the most accurate numbers but I am pressed for time for an upcoming race and some ballpark numbers would be great. I am also using a wideband controller which tunes for 13.1-13.2 AFR at WOT and 13,500 rpm on a 06/07 600 engine. Should I just use whatever EGT numbers I get for that AFR @ 13.5K then just tune each cylinder for uniform EGT temps?

Liked: 286

I would say expect to see peak EGTs in the 700 - 750 degC range. You may find the time at full throttle in a FB is short enough that you never reach a steady value, but it's always rising.

But you can look at the differences in EGT from cylinder to cylinder to determine if the outside cylinders might need a slightly different mixture than the middle two. I think you will find that with individual throttle bodies, they are going to be very close with minimal variations. This is not the same a multi-runner inlet manifold on a V8 that can really benefit from individual cylinder tuning.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 91

This is why I wanted the EGT temps to tune each cylinder individually for fuel and ignition maps. From the research I have done on the FSAE forums, i believe you are correct on the temp range of 700-750. I just wondered if anyone has ever tried this on a FB or not?

By the way David, thanks for the custom length EGT probes you made for the car.

Thread Information