Thread: 0il leak

Liked: 0

We have A small oil leak it will just cover the bottom of the tray under the moter with oil any body else loosing any oil out of the oil pan.

Liked: 59

My motor leaked oil out of the front of the oil pan where it seals to the front timing cover after the first race. You'll see it collect on the machined aluminum spacer for the front motor mount. Apparently, some of the pans were cast with a very thin front sealing surface which only provided about a 1/16" wide contact area with the front cover, and the RTV can't produce a reliable seal. Unfortunately, since the pan is tamper-proof sealed, you will have to return it to the builder to have the leak fixed and the pan re-sealed.

Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Liked: 0

You might want to check the rear most lower hose coming from the bottom of the pan that heads to the oil pump. I found that the hard tube from the pan was pinching in between the pan and the frame. This was causing a slight leak at the hose clamp.
    Good luck,
    Tom

Contributing Member
    Liked: 2

Originally posted by Eric Cruz:
    My motor leaked oil out of the front of the oil pan where it seals to the front timing cover after the first race. You'll see it collect on the machined aluminum spacer for the front motor mount. Apparently, some of the pans were cast with a very thin front sealing surface which only provided about a 1/16" wide contact area with the front cover, and the RTV can't produce a reliable seal. Unfortunately, since the pan is tamper-proof sealed, you will have to return it to the builder to have the leak fixed and the pan re-sealed.

Eric

Contributing Member

Originally posted by rkjz4h:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eric Cruz:

Eric
    </font>[/QUOTE]

Contributing Member

Originally posted by rkjz4h:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eric Cruz:

Eric
    </font>[/QUOTE]

Contributing Member

After a day on the track for the first time for about 100 miles I now have a nice 1/2 cup of oil on the pan and trailer floor. I cannot see any hose clamps or engine seals where it appers to have orginated from. Any suggestions on where it is coming from and any easy solutions.

Liked: 1

Hey Robert,

I also have a bit of a leak coming from the front of the motor. I called Enterprises last week was told that the one pace it may be coming from that we can actually try to fix ourselves is the following(I have tried it as mine was only few drops): The second (from the header side of car) of the 4 bolts that mount the lower part of the engine to the frame actually goes thru to the oil pan (with another bolt inbetween I think). If that bolt to the oil pan is leaking, it may be coming thru the next bolt that is the one that mounts it to the frame. Some locktight may help I was told. Other than that, any leaks will entail breaking a seal which means they have to get the engine.

Anyone else with a leak, or more importantly, a fix?

Besides the leak, how did the car run?

Contributing Member

Thanks for the suggestions - I will get a mirror and see if I can get a better look. The car ran good except for an actuator snag which I think with Speedstar's help got it worked out. I was unable to shift up at times but after a couple of jerks it would finally change gears. My son reported no problems once he concentrated in shifting very quickly (?-its not like I am riding the clutch). I suspect some extra seat time will help get a feel for the lever.

Thread Information