Liked: 225

Default Roebling Jim Stark Memorial

Time to start the conversation....

Who's coming out to join the fun at the next Southern Continental Challenge Series at Roebling Road April 22, 23? We are Group 4 which means a not-too-late arrival back at home for us South Florida folks.

This is the second event in the series and the first at which the new American Racer Gen2 tire will be available. The new rubber is purported to be faster than the Gen 1 tire, lighter, and consistent. It is also available at a great price through Primus Racing Parts, the series sponsor. They will have mounting and balancing available trackside, plus a trailer full of spares for those of us who have a little "too much fun"...

I for one am planning to be there and look forward to squaring off against other FC drivers in a series that truly supports the regional racer with:

1-Trackside support
    2-Setup advice
    3-Competitive parts and supply pricing
    4-Competition adjustments for older cars and different power units
    5-Cool Trophies
    6- and...PRIZE MONEY!!!! not only for each race, but for the Series Championship!!!! WOO HOO!

Thanks, Brad, I can't see what's not to like.

So....back to the question....who's going? At the last event we had 7 entered, but Jim Belay had to let something trivial like a day job get in the way, so we "only" had 6 FCs running. Compared to what we've had for over 10 years that's a good sized field in the SE FC Regional group. So....all you garage queens, time to blow off the dust, see if the suit still fits, fire that mother up and let's go racing!!!

Herscher - Yes
    Johnson-?
    Belay - ? (better be there....no excuses this time Jim...)
    Weld - New car finished yet, Skip?
    Stewart - ?
    Pollock - no - Still fixing crash damage
    Hallock - (C'mon Stan, it's just a commitment you made to your wife...you can patch that up afterward, you need to break that new engine in)
    Stern - ?
    Dunlap - ?
    Klutsenbaker - did I see you making noises about getting back into the fun? - Great chance to shake down a new ride...
    Pascual - ?
    Scharnow - ? (surely that new baby's old enough by now)
    Who else ???

Let's go racing!!!
    See you at the track

John
    Last edited by JHerscher; 03.28.17 at 8:19 AM. Reason: Spelling Klutsenbaker right this time! Sorry Dave!

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 605

If Frankenstein can happen.......otherwise the "creation" will breathe at Daytona

Liked: 30

Default Yes

Those were WOO HOO noises. However I won't have my new toy until too late to make the event.
    It's going to Kevin for a once over and alignment before she can come out to play.
    Also let me offer my thanks to Brad and Primus for all the hard work that has gone into it to make the series available. I hope more of us can take advantage of the opportunity.
    David Klutsenbaker
    RF99 Van Diemen

Liked: 375

We are working overtime to get the conversion done. Not sure if it will be ready in time for Roebling or for Daytona two weeks later. We'll see.

Unfortunately my house is currently being ruled by a tiny dictator who doesn't like to let us sleep.

Liked: 5

Default Jim Stark Memorial

John,

Count me in.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1494

Thinking about it but:

1) will be on Hoosiers, cause that's all I have right now
    2) I'm behind. Car still not together after my engine re-build and I'm really hoping I didn't screw up the clutch getting it back together.
    3) have a flight at 6 AM Monday and gone for two weeks thereafter, just a lot of crap to get done
    4) really need to hit the practice day, haven't been in the car since Charlotte in July.
    5) Hoping they accept my VARA license, haven't checked the supps, but they did last year.

Default Roebling

5 entered so far. Folks in the Carolinas and Georgia, where are you? Surely we can get a better showing than that!

Herscher
    Weld
    Dunlap
    "Iron Man" Belay
    Stern

Stan, hook the jumper cables to Frankenstein's neck bolts and give him the juice!

Chris S. - Sleep is highly overrated and is a luxury confined mainly to those without race cars. Still, assuming a 6 hour tow, you have over 200 hours between now and next Friday evening. Even allowing 72 hours for this precious "sleep" you speak of, that still allows nearly 100 hours of quality time to get the conversion finished. Sheesh. How much time do you need?

Default Roebling

Rick, the price is right on the new tires. You can pretty much get 3 sets for what Hoosier gets for two.

Putting a car back together in a weekend is doable. Besides, see note to Chris S regarding sleep!

Run the Hoosiers during Friday test day and start out Saturday with new stickies and with your head already up to speed.

I can't tell you how many times I've hopped on a plane for a two week trip overseas the morning after a race weekend or returned to the US a day before driving to the track. It is a logistical challenge but at least work didn't interfere with your fun!

Come on boys and girls, lets go have fun!

I understand that the diameters on the ARs match the hoosiers closely enough that you can usually get by without going back on the pad - true?

Default AR

Nominally the same. Don't have the actual measurements to support stating there is no need to recheck ride height. Others may have the data

You could certainly make adjustment using number of turns at a pushrod to compensate for dia differences if necessary.

FWIW, I am using my Hoosier data for Gen 2 AR starting point.

Liked: 605

Frank is still on the slab.....drat.....I really want to get back to Roebling.

I added about two turns to the rear push rods with the Gen 1 tires......and will let the lack or scrape thereof of the diffuser to tell me to do the same with Gen 2 tires

Default It's not too late!

Well, we now have 6 entered (for Saturday at least!)

Belay
    Dunlap
    Herscher
    Kirchner
    Stern
    Weld

Chris S, there's still time.....

See y'all at the track!

Default Roebling

Congratulations to Marc Stern and Skip Weld for their wins this weekend.

See everyone at Daytona!

15. The following members LIKED this post:

CJD

Liked: 21

Default Van Diemen pedals

Looking for contact info for extending the pedals on a 94 FC.
    I recently purchased the car and my legs are too short.
    I was at Roebling this past weekend and talked with a group of FC guys.

Matt
    FV61

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 121

Default Didn't forget!

Hey Matt! I didn't forget you....Been dealing with a health annoyance I've been graced with.
    I'll be digging in the shop on Wednesday for the extensions and will let you know one way or the other.

Liked: 97

Quote Originally Posted by MattFV61 View Post
    Looking for contact info for extending the pedals on a 94 FC.
    I recently purchased the car and my legs are too short.
    I was at Roebling this past weekend and talked with a group of FC guys.

Matt
    FV61
    On the 94 there were pedal mount extensions that moved the pedal mounts backwards to the driver for those of us a little shorter. They are often removed for taller drivers and lost. That may be what has happened.
    Skip Weld

Had those extensions on my 94 when purchased and sold them years ago on this site. I wonder if Primus has any? or if someone with a 90-96 with the extensions could send you a photo.

Hey skip - thanks so much for your help last weekend.

dodged a bullet on the way home - car came loose in the trailer - don't know when or how it could have happened given the amount of tension they were under (on knobbys no less), but both tire blankets popped off. checked the load at a rest area and all was well....The car rolled back on the beavertail and the exhaust turnout you bought ate a 1/2" deep hole in the ramp door, but otherwise it appears to be unscathed.

Liked: 121

Default Found

I found them Matt. Sending an email.

Thread Information