Liked: 49

Default FS 2006 Elan DP04

I am selling my beloved Elan DP04. This car has many extras and is a pleasure to drive. It fits a large driver and the cockpit is roomy enough to buckle in by yourself. This car held the short course record at Watkins Glen and its sister car, run by Alex Mayer, held numerous records. SEComposites has developed numerous aero improvements and has all the molds. It currently has a blown engine so I am selling it in a few possible configurations to suit your plans. Either put a new Suzuki back in, convert to dry sump, or use the spare rear subframe to convert to Kawi. Lots of options.

2006 Elan DP04
    Penske 3 way dampers - newly re-valved by Anze
    Suzuki 1000cc -blown
    Rilltech wet pan
    Rilltech titanium headers
    Power Commander - Rilltech setup
    AntiGravity LiON battery
    Geartronics Paddle shift system with HP nitrogen tank system & custom wiring harness
    Custom carbon Fiber nose by SEComposites
    Custom SEComposites front wing
    GyroDynamics lightweight diffuser
    AIM MXL dash
    Custom wiring includes neutral and PTT on wheel
    Wired for radio
    Jongbloed 330 wheels- 2 sets
    alignment bars
    lightened rotors
    gas quick drain/sample fitting
    oil quick drain fittings
    new oil lines
    custom jack
    lots of sprockets
    Additional rear subframe assembly - needs welding

loads of spares -suspension, extra front nose/wing, rear wing end plates, Geartronics compressor system, inner and outer rims, Rilltech wet pans, starter motors, dampers, diff, injectors, etc. The car shares many parts with the FE and those that are unique we have sourced and identified so it's easy to keep the car running.

Car is currently scaled and setup. Just needs an engine. Or use the spare rear subframe to convert to Kawi power. Or convert over to a dry sump if you like.

The car has been lovingly maintained by Momentum Motorsports in NY. I can arrange delivery in the NY metro area and to certain races in the East.

Price: Car without Geartonics $SOLD
    Car as is with Geartronics installed $SOLD (Geartronics is $8K to $9K installed)
    I can also have a new Suzuki engine installed if you choose

Additional OZ wheels - 3 sets available.

I will be posting more photos after the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sprocketmensch; 04.09.17 at 2:56 PM. Reason: SOLD
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
    Hunter S Thompson

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 126

Ahhh... at Palmer! Good Luck.

Default New Price

New price, motivated seller. See top. This is a great car with all the choices if you want to have the option to convert to Kawi power.
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
    Hunter S Thompson

Liked: 106

Default good deal

Great car for those looking to get in for less $$$ than a fully prepped car.
    Its a very nice car. Great deal
    Last edited by Phil Picard; 05.18.16 at 9:24 PM.

Default More photos

More photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hunter S Thompson

Default New price!

New price. See first post. $29,500!
    Hunter S Thompson

Liked: 17

This a smokin deal this car as been lightened and more important it has great mechanical grip this shouldn't last long at this price

Liked: 1

How much does the car weigh empty?

Default Weight

I believe the weight dry is 835 lbs
    Hunter S Thompson

Liked: 1

Default Paddle Shift

For the paddle shift does it have an interrupter or do you have to manually rev the engine for shifting?

Default Geartronics

This is the full Geartronics system with all the bells and whistles. No lift upshift and blip on downshift. All fully adjustable through software if needed. Gear position display on steering wheel. It is awesome! I have installed the HP nitrogen bottle which will last 3 or 4 sessions before a refill. I also have the compressor system which can be re-installed so you have options.
    Hunter S Thompson

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

The geartronic system is the daddy rabbit of shifting systems, you have no idea of how easy and quick this system is , makes me think of F1,,,,,,,, I want one [ inside joke ]

Default Bump Still for sale

I know we're all getting ready foe the runoffs. This car is still for sale and can be had in many configurations from race-ready to roller. I have now driven the 2015 Runoffs winning Firman at many different tracks this summer and am struck by how similar these two cars are - not surprising given the pedigree. If I had more time and energy I would develop this car a bit more (lighter side pods and floors) and I think it would give any current car a run for the money. It is clearly capable of running at the front with a good driver.

Get it while its still here.
    Hunter S Thompson

Liked: 106

Hard to believe no one snatch this up yet it's a great deal

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Suzuki 08 GSXR engine

I have a perfect, zero hour engine for this car - refresh from a low time motor.
    Can deliver to RO's

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Great deal here

So now I have half a season with the runoffs winning Firman and I realize that this car is nearly identical. Chassis, bodywork, etc all so similar. Even my SpeedSeat is interchangeable. My times in the Elan are a tenth or two slower. This car needs very little to be as fast as any out there. Fully customizable package - Set yourself up for next season with a great car.
    Hunter S Thompson

Default New lower price

So having two racecars is fun but I can only drive one at a time. I am lowering the price for this car and if it doesn't sell, will convert this to Kawi power using the second rear subframe and sell my new car (JR's old Runoffs winning Firman).

Take $3,000 off prices in first listing - $31,900 with everything, $26,500 without Geartronics. Or call and make me an offer on the Firman that I can't refuse...

Doug 914 523-1596 or doug.hertz@verizon.net
    Hunter S Thompson

Default Lower price!

Come on folks. Anyone want a car that has bee n the podium dozens of times at a bargain price, here it is. Take it for $25,000 without Geartonics or $30K with it. This is the bargain of the year. Literally 8 cases of spares. Buy this or take my 2015/2016 Firman for $55K.
    Last edited by sprocketmensch; 01.29.17 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Typo
    Hunter S Thompson

Default Sold!

Thanks Apex. Also the new buyer is not taking the Geartronics system so once it is removed it will be available for sale. Let me know if you are interested (full system including HP Nitrogen as well as compressor system)
    Hunter S Thompson

Thread Information