Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 175

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    If my wife ever pleads guilty to a similar crime, and I am unaware of it, please ridicule, scorn, or form conclusions about my involvement. I expect that will be the very least of my concerns.
    I suspect most wouldn't ridicule, scorn, or form conclusions if you'd maintained separate residences in different cities for six years.

Quote Originally Posted by NPalacioM3 View Post
    He was listed as a defendant in the case I showed above. No speculation there, I was pointing out a fact. Whole lotta lawyers in here talking legal BS, some of us here are just trying to call a duck a duck, not dispute the case.
    You said, "Looks like Mike is a defendant in the case as well...." That was inaccurate/misleading, as I pointed out. One doesn't need to be a lawyer to know there is a huge difference between a company's decision to also name a spouse in a civil action to recover funds from its former employee and a federal criminal action with a possible 20-year sentence against the former employee but, notably, not her spouse. I doubt you'd think the distinction is "legal BS" if you were in this position. The U.S. Attorney filed no charges, but you have enough evidence to "call a duck a duck"/convict. Believe what you will.
    Last edited by David Locke; 04.03.17 at 6:23 AM.

Liked: 11

I havent spent 90k in a lifetime of eating out

Quote Originally Posted by HayesCages View Post
    How does one spend $90k at a steak house?

Liked: 99

Quote Originally Posted by David Locke View Post
    I suspect most wouldn't ridicule, scorn, or form conclusions if you'd maintained separate residences in different cities for six years.

You said, "Looks like Mike is a defendant in the case as well...." That was inaccurate/misleading, as I pointed out. One doesn't need to be a lawyer to know there is a huge difference between a company's decision to also name a spouse in a civil action to recover funds from its former employee and a federal criminal action with a possible 20-year sentence against the former employee but, notably, not her spouse. I doubt you'd think the distinction is "legal BS" if you were in this position. The U.S. Attorney filed no charges, but you have enough evidence to "call a duck a duck"/convict. Believe what you will.
    And he is in fact a defendant. Civil case, fine, but he is tied to this. I'm not saying he is going to jail but I'm saying this isn't good for him and/or SCCA. Isn't that what we are discussing here?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/f...ealing-over-45
    -Nick

Liked: 174

I've been married for over 30 years, and I know what my wife earns as income! So when she shows up with several Porsche's and a Mercedes Benz, I'm going to start questioning
    her etc. He may not be involved in the fraud, but he clearly was looking the other way and stuck his head in the sand!

Mark

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 113

That was my point from the beginning. I don't care which end of the money spectrum you are at, if you are involved in Motorsports, I find it extremely hard to believe that you did not discuss/consult/window shop/research a vehicle purchase without your significant others input/agreement/knowledge.

As stated before, whatever the outcome, there is not enough distance or, positive spin the SCCA can put on this...
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 10

Among the purchases were an MX-5 race car, enclosed trailer and Dodge truck to pull it with. I doubt the wife bought these without knowledge or input of her husband.

9. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 1

TOPEKA, Kan. (April 5, 2017) – The SCCA Ventures Board of Directors announced today the departure of Mike Collins from the role of President and CEO of SCCA Pro Racing®, effective immediately.
    SCCA Ventures, a subsidiary of Sports Car Club of America®, Inc., will announce a replacement shortly.

Just happened to log on to SCCA main site and saw this.
    Robert

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 308

It had to happen - one way or the other!

Liked: 804

I'd started another thread on this topic prior to this one, titled it "impacts?"

guess we know now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information