ST. PETERSBURG, FLA. (March 5, 2004) - David Jurca, of Federal, Wash., today announced he will contest the opening two rounds of the Formula SCCA Championship, part of the Cooper Tires Championship Series.

Driving for 2002 Formula Ford Zetec Championship champions Cape Motorsports, Jurca will be part of a three-car team. Joining Jurca on the team are Florida resident Ken Dromm and Enzo Potolicchio of Venezuela. Prior to the first race of the season, Jurca will test his Serengeti Design Group/Best Ceramic/ItalKart/Kuzzins Kustoms Formula SCCA car at Cooper Park in Bradenton, Fla. In the process of finalizing his budget, Jurca is currently only scheduled to do the opening two events of the 2004 season.

"I'm really excited about getting the opportunity drive a Formula SCCA car and be part of the championship," said Jurca. "While I fully expect to be racing against some great drivers and teams, my goal is to go for the win at Sebring and challenge for the championship."

Like many drivers in the newly formed Formula SCCA Championship, Jurca began his racing career in karts. Displaying great natural talent, the 18 year-old quickly progressed up the karting ranks, winning numerous championships. By 2000, Jurca was racing in the upper echelons of karting in North America. Currently the number one ranked shifter kart driver in North America by Shifter Kart Illustrated, Jurca won the 2002 SKUSA SuperNationals Pro IC race and the 2003 SKUSA ProMoto West Zone Championship.

Widely regarded as North America's premier training series, the Cooper Tires Championship Series offers the complete motorsports education, with emphasis on cost-effective racing. Racing throughout the United States and Canada, the Cooper Series will showcase the best young drivers from around the world on a challenging mix of racetracks.

The 2004 Formula SCCA Championship season gets underway March 16-18, 2004 at Sebring International Raceway. As part of the 52nd Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring, Formula SCCA will race in conjunction with the American Le Mans Series and SCCA Pro Racing.

For additional information on the Formula SCCA Championship or Cooper Tires Championship Series, please contact Michelle Kish at (973) 575-2626, e-mail MichelleKish@usff2000.com or visit www.cooperseries.com