Liked: 324

Default Rain/brake light suppliers?

Our race org requires a brake light as well as a rain light. I'm not real happy with the one I have (home made) and am looking for options. I would like to have a flashing rain light and solid brake light.

I like the Afterburner and Cartek. Cartek is nice, but spendy. Is Pegasus the only US distributor for these? Any other brands to look for?

Thanks
    John
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 110

Default Best rain lights

We were recently racing a FF in horrendous rain. The best light by far was a Mygale one. It was amazing; the others (including the Pegasus ones) were poor at best. The Mygale was so I good, I have just gone out and bought one via Greg Woodrow, the Australian distributor.

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Rain/brake light suppliers?

Ultimate Rain Light I think Pegasus carries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

In SRF we have our rain light and brake light as the same unit. We can tell a brake light from a rain light by the way it zooms out of the gloom and crashes against the front of you car.

$30 to $45k for a Gen3 SRF and they still won't let is spend a few lousy bucks and have a flashing rain light.

Should be a GCR requirement rain lights flash, brake lights do not.

Liked: 110

Default Ultimate

Most folks here use the Ultimate from Pegasus (including myself). It is not a patch on the Mygale unit. I have not seen the Afterburner in a very wet race to compare.

I have no shares in Mygale, nor own one (RF91).

I agree, the light has to be the most important safety item you own in the rain. But like vaccination, its more important that your mates have a good light too.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

Cheap way out but I bought a motorcycle combo tail / brake light (led) and wired it so both are lit for my rain light. It lights up a dark garage. Had to do some minor fab work to make a mounting bracket.

Thread Information