Liked: 6

Default For Sale 1998 OMS FB

Chassis #68, 2006 GSXR, Brembo's, Quaiffe, Ron Davis rads, AIM data, 1007 lbs with 200+ lb driver, 1996 Van Dieman rear wing, 6 & 8 Avons. Fits large drivers easily. Located north of Detroit. New price $17,000. I am a computer dinosaur but will try adding pictures. Call Paul @248/762-1743. Thx for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by P Burke; 11.23.16 at 9:26 PM. Reason: correct mistake in title line

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 384

Could this be considered classic F1000?
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Liked: 273

Fairly certain this would be a Formula Jedi from the UK. Never seen one in the flesh but they appear to have a much shorter wheel base than a contemporary FB.

Might be fun to toss around short courses in or do hill climbs with.

Turns out these are purpose built Hill Climb cars. Interesting company with lots of history behind them.

Here's a link to the OMS site where I found the sister chassis to this one.

http://www.omsracing.co.uk/gallery-c...Back-Catalogue
    Last edited by ghickman; 12.15.14 at 1:27 AM.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Here is what I know. First this is an OMS car that was from what I have been able to find out originally a hill climb car for the UK. The wheelbase is if I remember correctly 91 inches. Shorter than most current cars but like I said it will fit large drivers. How it got to the US I don't know, however I homologated it with SCCA several years ago so it has a current SCCA logbook. Steve M Owens owner of OMS (notice the reversed initials) has build many many cars for the UK, all very competitive. Several have made it to the US. He is very well known overseas and has indeed been to the runoffs back when it was in Mid-ohio and a DSR of his ran back then. Parts are supposedly available through him although I haven't needed any. I have communicated with him years ago via the web although neve by phone. There is another DSR OMS car here in the Detroit area and I think yet another in the north east area. Hope that clears some questions up.

Liked: 896

A lot of car for the $$.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 159

Like Jay said, there is a lot of stuff here for the money.

Jerry
    Last edited by JerryH; 12.16.14 at 6:28 PM.

Jerry, if you are talking about the rear upper A arms they are tied together. Looking at the picture of the rear there is a brace that ties the upper mounts together and that bolts to the upper frame mount. Currently the car is fully running except that in the frozen north the coolant has been drained and the fire bottle is out. The car sits with the battery on a Ctek battery maintainer.

Time to bump this upward. Just a comment on the wheelbase. It has the same length to width ratio as most all current Stohr and later chassis. I should mention that it has single adjustable AVO shocks, uses a water cooler for the oil. Does not come with transponder, Again this fits larger drivers. I am 6 feet and around 200 lbs and at the last race went across the scales at 1007 lbs with a couple of gallons of gas in the cell.

Liked: 2

Default Still available??

Give me a call if car is still for sale 570-760-1396

I am trying to boot this back to the top. Went to the runoffs ( to spectate) this year and finally realized I am too old to do this car justice. Time to try something different.....slower. Car comes with the data system, many sprockets, push rods for the front and pull rods for the rears.

Default Location

Where is car located

Car is located in Rochester Hills Michigan. North of Detroit maybe 35 miles.

See new price on the original post. Would like to move this along.

I am at a loss as there seems to be several cars and all very competitively priced. I am not sure cars are selling well now. I need to reinforce I have been running this car so it is complete. like I said though, I am not doing it justice. Trying to stimulate some interest and as I stated get into another car of lesser stature I am interested in POSSIBLE trades for a f500. Back to where I started. If I can't move the car I will continue to drive it.

Not sure this is the right time to be selling a car as there are several very competitively priced cars and none seems to be moving. I need to reinforce that I have been running this car and it is complete minus transponder. SO, I am interested in getting back into a f500 and would consider POSSIBLE trades. Let me know or get my e-mail from this forum.

Default ?

What is your bottom dollar price?

That is as low as I will go, I am not going to give it away as I feel that is more than a fair price. I continue working on it and making improvements.

20. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information