Liked: 0

Default Radical Gearbox Reverse

I am going through an SR8 I recently aquired and reverse appears to be non functional. It has paddles and I use the lockout lever to get to neutral and try to select reverse from there but there is no engagement of reverse. The indicator says R but it's still in neutral. Also tried manually shifting at the gear box - same thing. 1 through 6 work fine.

Any experience out there on this?

Liked: 309

Call Jeff Shafer at One Motorsports. If he doesn't know he will know whom to refer you to. Good luck!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 282

Maybe a stupid question but are you sure SR8's have reverse?

Liked: 2

On my 2014 SR3, reverse is selected by putting the box in 1st and then pulling the reverse lever. I think my car actually has 6 speeds of reverse the way it is actually implemented. I would have expected that SR8 box is similar to the SR3 and you mentioned putting the box in neutral before selecting reverse. I think you have to put the box in 1st before pulling the reverse lever.

Knut

Liked: 0

The SR8 does have reverse below neutral (there are no stupid questions to me as I'm learning here) and is supposed to be accessable by pulling the lever which opens the interlock - via the cable attached to the lever.

I disconnected the actuator (paddle shift) and lifted the wheels to manually actuate. It does "shift" one more position below neutral - but there's just no engagement of reverse.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a gearbox shop in the San Francisco bay area that knows Quaifes well?

Thanks
    Last edited by mxbennett; 02.02.17 at 12:25 PM.

Liked: 35

We are the Quaife Motorsports dealer here in the states . But we are here in Texas, I think you talked with Jeff a couple days ago , Is this a Quaife gearbox , Or a Hewland ?
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Thread Information