View Poll Results: How old must a car be to be Vintage eligible?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1972 - 45 years old or older

9 8.57%
  • 1982 - 35 years old or older

34 32.38%
  • 1992 - 25 years old or older

49 46.67%
  • 2002 - 15 years old or older

13 12.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 83

Default Problem

I won't say this is "the problem" but it is "a problem" or at least an anxiety facing "vintage" FF (and probably other classes -- I am really only familiar with FF). Those racing HF (Historic, Ford engine, 1972 and older, outboard suspension all around, no CV joints) want to race other HFs; Those with CFs want to do likewise. We all want to race, we all want more seat time and longer sessions not cut short because we've opened up the race to so many classes the sessions are down to 10-15min. We don't want people willing (eager?) to bump and run racing with us. We see some of the later model year classes as being more willing to race that way, but we want enough cars in the races so we can actually hold the race and keep costs down. Problem or dilemma? Semantics. The Royale/VRG series is a lot of fun and a great group of like-minded racers. The big SVRA races, such as Watkins Glen VGP and VIR Gold Cup, are awesome and I want to do those, too. But, I don't want to be crowded out by $800-$900 event fees. So, the dilemma is out there, whatever you call it, and our budgets, skills, drive distances, and most of all, our friendships with fellow racers, will drive which race series are a success. You guys running the organizations slice the cake as you think you will serve those at the table, or those you want at your table, and we'll make our decisions based on our appetite and budget.

David

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 56

Default Poll will close soon!

Folks,

There's about 3 1/2 hours left on the clock. Please vote if you already haven't done so. I have been made aware that several associations are monitoring the results. More data points will make the results more meaningful to the readers.

Thanks for participating. The numbers and discussion have been very enlightening and informative.

I'll offer a brief summary after the vote closes.

Best wishes for a Happy Holidays to ALL!

Glenn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information