Liked: 7

Default Radical Prosport discussion

This is a continuation of a conversation started in the General classified section for a HANS 30. I moved the conversation here to share with the SR community.

I was running a Zamp RZ-58 helmet. It is my second Zamp, I like the fit and price of these helmets.

My crankcase vent goes to the airbox just as the motorcycle had it. Then the tank is vented to the dump can, which is lower than the oil tank. I think that is part of my problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide2.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	65446  

Liked: 0

I have my vent tank below the level of the oil in the sump tank. I don't think that's your problem though.
    The siphoning effect would only occur if the vent hose and oil level in the tank were full. I can't see how that would be possible.
    Are you running the correct amount of oil?
    Is there a point where oil stops getting diplaced into the vent tank?
    There is a baffle under the head cover vent. Check if its clear.

Liked: 7

We were looking at this last night. My tank does not have the extra chamber on top like a SR3. That is the only Radical I could find pictures of with a dry sump. I believe the oil is sloshing in the tank and getting on the "shelf" that separates the in coming oil and the vent line. It then proceeds down hill to my dump can. My buddy that runs FS with a Gen 2 Hayabusa told us he has a vent can in the front of his engine above the oil tank. The vent can is then drained to a dump can below. He said he has never seen oil in the dump can.

I read George Dean suggests taking the vent from the oil tank and dumping it into the fill port on the clutch cover. Then venting the engine via the original vent on the back. I like this idea because any oil moved from the vent ends up in the engine, but I would prefer venting the oil tank since this is where the oil and air are separated. Can you post a picture of your setup?

Thanks

Thread Information