Liked: 25

Default Used 13" Atlantic Tires

I am looking for 1 or 2 sets of decent FA Tires. My rims are 10x13 front and 10x14 rears.
    Thanks
    Tim
    tgaffeny@amciglobal.com

Liked: 13

Post FA tires -- more info on Size needed & compound looking for

- TYPO -- you meant 13 inch dia & 14 inch width for rears -- OK that explains a lot.

I am wondering about the sizes of FA tires your looking for.

Need a little more info.

A typical FA tire sizing has more that the rim diameter & rim width.
    Another Key Factor is tire height.
    This measurement is similar to the street tire side wall to height ratio of something like -- is it a 60 series tire or a 50 series tire.
    We in racing don't use that ratio, but side wall height is critical. Side wall height is important as it defines how high the chassis will be lifted off the ground when shod with those tires. That will then change the lower a-arm angles when you set chassis ride height.

For Example - Hoosier tires is what I run for my old FA - RALT RT-4 FA Chassis Sports Racer P-2 & the sizing is listed below. These are typical sizes for older FA cars.

fronts - 20.0 by 9.0 -- 13 -- please note the multiple measurements needed to define the tire sizing. 13 inch rim diameter, 9.0 inch tread width & 20 inch overall height. In my case I run my front tires on a 13 dia. rim that is 10 inches wide for the fronts.

Rears -- 23.0 by 12.0 -- 13 - Please note same multiple measurements needed to define the tire size. 13 inch rim diameter, 12.0 inch tread width & 23 inch overall height. In my case for this rear tire I run them on a 13 dia. rim that is 14 inches wide.

But there is also other considerations to look at - like compound needed.

There is also the compound your looking for -- R25A is soft & R35 medium & R 45 harder. So recommend you define what compound your looking for.

I like the R-35's my self. Good compromise compound for club racing.

John Berget is one of the guys with used tires. He has a web site jbracingtires.net.

Good luck.

M.
    Last edited by Malfred; 11.29.16 at 4:43 PM.

Default FA tires

John Berget is one of the guys with used tires. He has a web site jbracingtires.net.
    Last edited by Malfred; 11.29.16 at 4:42 PM.

Liked: 25

Default Sorry for my poor typing.

My car is an older flat bottom Atlantic car. 13" diameter rims. The widths are 10" at the front and 14" at the rear. These were normal sizes from 1972-1990.

Liked: 33

I have used Atlantic tires also Hoosier and Goodyear let me know what compounds are you looking for. Will sell cheap.

Post used FA tires

Rick Brannon in Seattle, Wash - an Apex-Speed member, say he has some for you too.

John Berget is also one of the guys with used FA tires.
    He has a web site jbracingtires.net.
    Last edited by Malfred; 11.29.16 at 4:42 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 3

I have a set of Hoosier that only have 2 short races at indy this year SVRA. They are the latest compound. They are mounted on my Lights rims. I will sell them for $450 if you pick them up in Cincinnati. Sorry I can't ship.
    Thanks Scott
    513-520-5535

Thread Information