Senior Member Jean-Sebastien Stoezel's Avatar
    Liked: 15

Default rFactor with 3 screens

Hi:
    Would anybody have any experience getting 3 monitors to run on rFactor? I am using a Laptop with a base station, connected to 3 external monitors. Works great for iRacing but I have yet to figure it out for rFactor.

I have installed SoftTH which created a very wide virtual monitor. I have asked this question on the SoftTH forums (which looks like it's getting more and more dead) and haven't gotten very far. I'm hoping someone here might have some experience with SoftTH. When the game starts all seems to be great and I get SoftTH logos on both left and right screens, while the middle one shows the rFactor demo. Within the game menu I can see the mouse cursor when I go to the left and right monitors. So all seems good.
    When I switch to driving though, only the middle monitor seems to be supported. IT looks like the game is trying to render the left and right, but the left and right renderings are very compressed on the very edges of the middle screen.
    In the SoftTH ini file, I believe I have the right coordinates to relocate the left and right images on to the left and right screens.

Any help with SoftTH or any other software that will allow 3 screens to work would be appreciated.

By the way I can get all 3 screens to "work" by switching to windowed mode, but the performances are really slow.

Thanks,
    JS
    ----------------------------
    Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
    Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA)
    FV #0

Liked: 447

Never heard of that particular software. Can you just set Windows to expand the screen across all three monitors and change your resolution in the game with the rF config tool when you can set you AA and other graphical settings? I'm really not sure, but have you checked the ISI forums?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Senior Member Jean-Sebastien Stoezel's Avatar
    Liked: 15

Hi Keith:

Thanks for the reply. That is what I did, all 3 monitors are supported under Windows. Though rFactor would see them individually in the configuration tool. To get them to be bunched up into one big screen in the configuration tool I had to use SoftTH. SoftTH does what eyeinfinity would do (if I had NVidia hardware).

Thanks,
    JS

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    Never heard of that particular software. Can you just set Windows to expand the screen across all three monitors and change your resolution in the game with the rF config tool when you can set you AA and other graphical settings? I'm really not sure, but have you checked the ISI forums?
    ----------------------------
    Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
    Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA)
    FV #0

Thread Information