Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Season Finale for F2000

What a fantastic reward for years of hard work for Paul Rieffle and R-Sport and Bob Reid to win not just Master Class, they did that yesterday, but both OVERALL and Masters today in the finale at VIR.
    Having known Bob for 35 plus years and Paul for not quite as long but this result could not possibly happen to two better men .
    I only wish I might could have been there to cheer them on and celebrate with Bob and Paul and the entire squad.
    A well earned and well deserved result.
    If you know Bob you can well understand what this giant, in more ways than simply physical size, of a man has accomplished.
    Being must be 6'4" and likely 225 or more pounds how he has squeezed himself into an assortment of open wheel cars starting with a Skip barber FF Series car, he is the reason they, SBRS, had the Tall Guy car, an extra couple of inches to make comfortable, well, at least driveable , for Bob and other drivers of similar size.
    Seeing Bob loping through any paddock with his shorts and argyle socks never failed to bring a smile to my face.
    I can't even imagine him driving Indy Lights cars for several seasons.
    This is a man who not only enjoys his motorsport as much as any of us he has persevered in the face of difficulties in even being able to get in the car, get "comfortable" to whatever degree possible, then operate the car at a very high level.
    Bob , if I wore a hat it would be off to you, I am just so pleased for Bob and Paul
    and the entire R-Sport crew and huge congratulations to them for conception, design and construction of the latest US built winner in open wheel racing, the Metrik F2000 car.
    Talk about taking a risk and jumping off the high board betting against all odds that there was success to be had, WELL DONE !

Liked: 94

What a great post, Mike. I can wholeheartedly agree with everything you said and more. You won't find nicer or harder-working guys in the paddock. I have learned so much and had more fun working with Bob, Kristen, Paul, Kimberly, Jeff, Frank, and our semi-regular customer car drivers Scott and Tom than I could describe. I really appreciate them allowing me to be part of the team and to see first-hand how hard work pays off and that nice-guys sometimes still do finish first.

Don't forget that after a pretty good impact Saturday morning, we put Tom Fatur's car together and starting at the back and avoiding the tangles, Tom finished third today!

Congratulations and thank you to Bob, Tom, Paul, and everyone involved!
    Matt Rehm
    1997 Citation FV #10
    1997 Citation FV #16

Liked: 995

Congratulations to Bob and the R SPORT group! Nice job!!

John

Contributing Member
    Liked: 29

Great to see the win. R-sport has always been willing to help out in the FRP paddock and I have enjoyed racing with Bob over the past couple of years.

Liked: 79

Thanks so much Mike and others- It was a really fun weekend and some strong results to show for the effort put forth by everyone. Mike specifically encouraged me to talk to Paul a few years ago about the Metrik and I'm so glad I did (and that Paul was willing to listen to me!)

For those that have seen this car first hand it is obviously the work of truly committed craftsmen with passion for this sport that is incredibly deep. When ever I ask a question about any aspect of the car, Paul has usually already gone down the path I was inquiring about and gives detailed information on where it goes. We are still discovering more each weekend about how to make it better and hope to keep improving our results. This car still has untold potential, and hopefully we will be tapping that in the future.

I must thank Paul for giving me the opportunity to drive the car and also to all those in the background that got this project going. I don't even know all of them, but Keith McCrone, Tim Dunn, Mike Mazziotti, of course Paul's brother Jeff and the shop crew that worked to make this car a reality. Seeing the smile on Paul and Jeff's faces at VIR was such a great sight to see.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this season racing with R-Sport and FRP. Sounds like next year will bring some exciting changes in several regards and I would encourage anyone with an idle FC to come and try it- challenge yourself and experience single class racing the way it should be.

6. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 64

A well deserved VICTORY.
    You guy's should be very proud of your accomplishment.It is a very big deal to develop one of these cars.
    All the people at Rsport deserve a lot of credit.
    Yir
    Tim MinorFc88
    Tim Minor

Thread Information