Thread: Pi dash Help

Liked: 0

I got the car running yesterday but my Pi dash doesn't register oil pressure & temp, fuel pressure, water temp or RPM's. It does however register volts, so it has power. I went through the "set up" cycle and everything appears to be working fine, but it won't give me any info other than the "page" I'm on and volts (on page 'B'). Zeroes for oil & fuel pressure & temp and no digits where rpm's should be. All plug connections were checked. I have no idea what to do. I loath these electronic dashes I'd take gauges any day over these units.

I've got my first test day this Tuesday @ LRP (it's the last one I believe), then a regional & national there July 4th weekend, then a national at Watkin's Glen the following weekend so I'm getting desperate. I've waited way too long to get this car on track so I'll run the car without the dash working (sometimes you just gotta have faith) but would really like to have the info.

Also anyone have set up info?
    Ride hieght
    Shock preload
    Camber
    Toe

Brake bedding procedure?

Seems I can't get any info from Enterprises or Primus. Alot of "we'll fax it to you" but it never seems to get done.

A phone call with any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Brickey
    cell (860) 916-9852

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar

>>Seems I can't get any info from Enterprises or Primus. Alot of "we'll fax it to you" but it never seems to get done.<<

A mental picture of monkeys and a football come to mind. Good thing VD and Quicksilver are part of the deal, ... ..

Scott, I can't help you with your dash, .. but I will be at the Glenn national in garage 19a, .. we should meet if you get a chance.

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Liked: 286

Your C-Dash problem sounds like the sensor voltage is not correct. This could be a problem with the C-Dash or one of it's connectors.

Your C-Dash manual should have a description of the pinouts of the connectors -- I don't have the manual in front of me right now, but I would start by checking for voltage at each of the sureseal connectors for the temp sensor, and ring terminals for the oil pressure sensor.

Lastly, in the C-Dash setup, make sure the option "type" is set to SO (stand-alone), and not S1, S3, unless you have a data system attached. If you do have a data system, then that configuration may control the C-Dash (in the case of a System 3c), and that's what you might need to setup.

David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

On my C-dash I had to install a power switch in order to power it on AFTER the car was started. When I had it wired directly the voltage drop when starting the car would give no RPM/OIL/WATER readings.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Not sure it's voltage because the voltage sensor is the only thing that works and it shows over 12V.

Scott

Got it to work. It "unfroze" by shutting off the power, keeping my fingers on both buttons while turning the power back on.

Scott Brickey

Liked: 6

The C Dash is not configured from the factory for the MBE management system get out your PI book look for the configuration procedure and set it up for MBE it is all done with the buttons.

Thread Information