Thread: FE Developments

Liked: 45

Default FE Developments

With Robey's permission, I'm posting the below memo that went to FE owners. I think all of this is unambiguously good (particularly the part about SCCA-E purchasing the molds and tools from Elan).

Memo: FE and ESR Update

To: FE & ESR Drivers, Owners and CSR's

I want to thank all of you who have been racing your FE's and ESR's over the last few months and years for that matter. It has been exciting to see the larger fields testing and racing together. There has been some really close racing and it has been fun to watch at several of the events that I have attended lately. Yes, the new AR tire has been a challenge to find the right set up but for the most part there is a set up that seems to work pretty well and it has been shared within the community. Please contact your CSR and he will be happy to share the basic set up of the new AR tire.

American Racer has an updated tire that is in testing now. I will update you next week with the results of the tire tests. Expect a mid-October launch of the updated AR tire for 2017. The current AR tire will remain legal for 2017.

The Hoosier rain tire will be allowed to run through September 30, 2016 as the new AR rain tire will have the same construction as the AR tire being tested, hence it is not available at this time. Hoosier will have a sufficient supply of rain tires available at the runoffs for all FE/ESR entrants.

Last week Enterprises purchased all of Elan Motorsports FE/ESR parts, tooling and molds This will help Enterprises provide better pricing for all of the FE and ESR parts in the future. We will be working on a new price list that should be available on or before November 1st, 2016. However, any savings that we find will be passed through to the CSR's and FE/ESR owners.

Enterprises has a new agreement with OZ Racing and a new order has been placed for both Black and Silver FE/ESR Wheels. We expect delivery sometime in October. Pricing of the OZ wheels will be more affordable than in the past. Fronts@ $340ea. & Rears@ $365ea. If you are interested in buying a new set of the OZ wheels please contact your CSR to put an order in now. We will ship on a first come first serve basis. Please stipulate your color preference when ordering.

The new throttle bodies for the 2.3L motor have been cast in England by Jenvey. Mike Davies will be working on tuning the 2.3L motor with the new TB and ECU combo. We hope to have this new set up available by the end of 2016 for the 2017 season as well a new wiring harness to go with it.

For those interested in the ESR, we will be offering an ESR conversion kit soon. Pricing TBD but it should be about half the current conversion cost. If you are interested in converting an FE to an ESR please give Nikki LaRue at Enterprises or your CSR a call.

Thank for your support and safe racing. Also, if you get tired of the reading Apex Speed you are always welcome to just give me a call.

Robey A. Clark
    SCCA Enterprises Inc
    Centennial, CO 80112
    rclark@scca.com
    Office: 303.693.2111
    Mobile: 214.415.1909

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information