Liked: 101

Default wanted setup info for rt5

Hi folks in raceland ! anyone have chassis numbers for an early rt5 (1982)
    I' ve been running this car off and on for eight years but never really went for max setup.
    most of our time has been spent on our rt41, we are
    looking for ride height, camber, wing angle, spring rates and anything else that might help ! I know not much can be done when the driver is 70.

Thanks,
    DEE

Liked: 553

I'll take a stab at it since you've gotten no replies yet (even though I'm not the best to give advice).

Tell us your current settings and how the car behaves with them. There are some pretty smart people here who can probably make some good suggestions, if you give them the starting place and what it needs to do better.

Is the car bottoming out at all? If not. and if you have good rub strips/tub protection, go lower. That will help you take advantage of the tunnels.

You can use a tire pyrometer to see if your camber is close. For toe, you can try a very small amount of front toe out and rear toe in (but pretty close to zero).

Can we assume that the car is set up pretty well in regards to castor, bump steer and corner weights?

Liked: 23

Watching with interest as i am in very early stages of running a 1985 rt5 as well.

I am currently running the following while learning the car,

Front
    neg 1 degree camber
    0mm toe
    Castor at 7 degree positive (from memory)

Rear
    Neg 1/2 degree camber
    2mm total toe in
    Cant remember castor

Ride height is set at 40mm at front bulkhead (as this is minimum for our regs in AUS) with 10mm rake

Front wing at 0 degree with 15 degree fixed gurney flap and rear at 0 degree wing table and 20 degree flap.

Roll bars are both at 4 from full soft on 500# front and 700# rear springs

Cheers
    Ricky

Thread Information