Liked: 0

I'm looking for a set of trailer ramps similar to the pro-series manufactured by BSE. I think BSE is out of business due to personal circumstances. If anyone knows where I can find some ramps similar to BSE's, I would like to hear about them. Thanks.

Liked: 309

If you don't mind doing a bit of fabrication, here's the ramps I used to create my version of what BSE offered:

http://www.northerntool.com/cgi-bin/...1&prmenbr=6970

I think I have less than $150 into the whole set up. If you like, I could post a few photos of the completed installation.
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

The thing I like about BSE's ramps is their length (8'or9' long). My S2 continues to scrape over the doors, hinges, spare parts, etc. BTW I was born in Midland (Dad was w/ Dow)

While I was waiting on my new trailer, I had the opportunity to use a friend's trailer that had the BSE ramps. They are very nice, but I couldn't see spending over $600 when I knew I could come up with my own version for around $150.

For grins, here's a link to an image of my ramps:

http://mail.chartermi.net/~-pru-/Dcp_0002.jpg

(warning: Due to their size and level of detail, these images take some time to load via a phone modem...)

Stop by for closer look next time you're in Midland!

[size="1"][ August 30, 2002, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: -pru- ][/size]
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

I'm assuming that you guys know about the ramps sold by Pegasus that are made by Pit Pal. They are well made and sell for a couple of hundred bucks a set.
    One wheel off is still three on!

Pru, do you have more than the one picture or diagram of how you utilized the Northern Tool ramps? I have also been looking for a BSE unit in length. Have tried the Pit Pals and are not long enough or workable for my setup.

Randy,

I've sent you an e-mail with my contact information. Please give me a call so I can give you all the specifics on the ramps. There not really much to modifying the Northern ramps, but I think it would be better to do this by phone than e-mail / web.
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

As I've received more than one request for additional details on the ramps, I thought it best to post the information here as well:

~~~~~
    Rob,

You're correct that in order to straighten the ramps I substituted the supplied angle reinforcements with straight ones.

The hinges bear some of the weight, but most is transferred to the frame of the trailer door by "L" brackets that I added to the front edge of the ramps. Referencing the image, you can just see the 1"x1/2" bracket on the right ramp. As seen on the left ramp, the bracket is attached to the top of the ramp via 4 equally space bolts.

In order to make the ramp flush with the trailer door as well insure the L bracket was in contact with the door frame, notches were taken out of the front sides of the ramps. I wish I could provide additional photos, but I sold the car/trailer in the fall.

Seems like a lot of work to make these ramps work, but I thought it was worthwhile given the price. It took me roughly a weekend to complete, but most of time was in coming up with the idea for the ramp attachment / weight transfer modification. Knowing what I do now, I estimate it would take an afternoon to complete.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Chris "-pru-" Pruett
    989 636 5577 - w

-----Original Message-----

Hi "Pru",

I was looking at the photo you posted on F2000.com of the ramps you added to your trailer and will need to do the same to my new one. I have the identical ramps purchased from Northern, but it looks like you modified yours so they're straight. Did you simply use new metal reinforcements instead of the curved ones that Ohio Steel ships with the ramps? Are the hinges you used strong enough? Any thing else you modified there? On my trailer the ramps are slightly higher than the plywood decking of the ramp door. Does that matter?

Thanks, appreciate any help you can give me.

Rob
    ~~~~~
    Last edited by -pru-; 12.17.14 at 6:49 PM.
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 10

Resurrecting an VERY old thread. Does anyone know if Buffalo Speed Enterprises is still in business? Want to order a set of their ramps.

If BSE is defunct, what else (Pit Pal fold over ramps) works for low front cars?

Feff

Liked: 955

Default raceramps

Ron Chisholm of Cypress Lane Racing showed me a pair he uses for his customers cars. They are extra light and available most any way you want.

http://www.raceramps.com/
    Last edited by DanW; 09.03.12 at 8:54 PM.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 5

Default Buffaloe Speed Ramps for Sale

BUFFALOE SPEED TRAILER RAMPS. These are the best ramps I have ever seen and used. Bolt to your trailer door and fold out to load the low clearance cars. I know he went out of business and do not know if he started up. They were not cheap but made loading and unloading fun. I do not want to ship but if someone wants to pay freight and pallet cost it can be done. Email or call with questions. Dennis Tapp dtapp1716@gmail.com 405-623-4030 $400.00
    Last edited by Dennis Tapp; 02.25.17 at 11:30 AM.

Thread Information