Hi everyone,
My name is Wil, I live in the Rochester, NY area, about 2 hours from The Glen.
My 'hobby' is the study and simulation of the stability and control characteristics of vehicles, both road and race. I've been studying vehicle dynamics for the past few years, using Excel and MATLAB in my efforts. I've also installed a DAQ system in one of my road cars, which has proven to be very helpful in terms of furthering my knowledge.
What I'd like to do at this point is offer my knowledge (admittedly, what little there might be) and my help as crew/engineering. I'm not looking for any compensation, I just want to bridge the gap between theoretical and practical knowledge, and hopefully help you go faster and perhaps increase your understanding of what's going on with the transient and steady-state handling of your car.
Ideally, I'd like to work with a team that has a DAQ system, and would allow me access to their data, as I'm working on a method to extract frequency response information from the 'random' logged data.
I have crewed at WGI and Summit Point, and am happy to lend a hand with whatever is needed.
Please feel free to email me at wil.oberlies@protonmail.com with questions, and thanks for reading this.