Liked: 0

Default SOLD: 2000 39' MHC Summit diesel pusher motorhome

*** SOLD ***

So it looks like the next couple of years will be pretty different for me, and as much as I like my motor home and have lavished too much money on it, the reality is that I just won't get much use from it. So paying the storage rates for the Bay Area makes no sense...

It's a great racing motor home in that it's mechanically great but has enough wear and tear on the inside that you don't feel bad getting the carpet dirty coming in from the track.

It's a 2000 Mountain High Summit.

Things that gear heads love are the Spartan chassis (which has IFS rather than a beam front axle), a side mounted radiator, and a Scanguage system to really monitor trans temp, intake temps, boost levels, etc etc. It's also in the small arc of years where you have the modern engine management system but very little smog controls. The engine itself is 300hp/950tq Cummins ISC (8.3 liter) with a 6 speed Allison 3000 transmission.

It's got 58 gallon holding tanks so unless you have a big family you don't need to use the blue room (or, poop in the dark)

There are some negatives like the awning which should be replaced, And the rear tires are within a year or two of replacement.

But if I can get this sold quickly, I'd be willing to take $24,000 for it.

Oh, it has a 10,000 hitch as well. And climbs the grapevine (not towing) in the height of summer with a good 15 degrees to go before the cooling alarm (which would just mean, in reality, gearing down to 3rd and doing 35mph)

Other things as far as details... I had the fuel manifold rebuilt after it started leaking (which some folks have reported is a consequence of ULSD fuel compared to 'old' style fuel; regardless, now it won't happen again), the generator is an Onan 7500 diesel generator with about 2000 hours on it (and the coach itself has 97,000 miles on it, of which we've put on 40,000 since we've had it).

I have pictures as well as a copy of the original sales brochure at:

http://www.interceptor.com/~thumper/summit/

Steve
    Last edited by SteveLevin; 05.13.16 at 4:21 PM.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Wow, I wish this was for sale a year ago!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 2

Default Sleeper

Is the sofa a sleeper ?

Liked: 19

Is the coach avail for viewing

Liked: 1

Nice

Contributing Member
    Liked: 303

You are killing me. That is almost what I paid for my 29' gas unit with a 5000 lb hitch.

Ed

Liked: 141

Default Trailer

What length trailer works with this to keep California happy?

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

California is 65 feet overall. Varies by state, easy to find with Google
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 0

Sorry for the slow replies... lots of doctor's appointments happening right now

The J couch is indeed a jacknife sleeper. and it can be used with the front slide in (not deployed). The rear slide is also nice because if you can't deploy it, it's the hanging closet, and you can definitely still get to things -- and you can still get on to the bed from the front or the left side.

The coach itself is in the SF Bay Area (it's stored in Milpitas) and I can show it without a big deal; just let me know.

Steve

Thread Information