Liked: 0

I've been home a couple days now after towing back from the runoffs and it is high time I posted a major thank you to all who've been involved in my racing and FF efforts over the years. I delayed in putting this out to check and double check to make sure I have included everyone, if anyone is left out it is purely oversite and although I apologize they know how I feel.

First: Sponsors / Vendors...
    Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.
    Ivey Engines / Jay and Susan Ivey
    Red Line Synthetic Oil Corp.
    Competition Data Systems, Inc.
    Fast Forward / TDC / Doug Learned
    Willow Ranch Restaurant
    Pelican Products
    Hy-Tech Exhaust
    Pro-Tech Engineering
    Penske Shocks
    Hyperco
    SRP / Joe Stimola
    Craig Taylor
    Simpson Race Products
    Neil Porter

Next: Crew...
    Tom Rust, driving coach / data / engineer
    Victor Hertfelder, crew cheif / engineer
    Robert Markin, cheif mechanic

Last and in no way least: Freinds...who've been directly and indirectly involved over the years...
    Bill and Rockie Kephart (Rockie and Billwinkle)
    Juan Banuelos
    Richard Weaver
    Mel and Jon French
    Bruce Kawaguchi
    Bob "Stretch" Cunningham
    Dave and Dan Dralle
    Vic Tostado
    Jack Crone
    Johnnie Crean
    Buttonwillow Raceway / Les Phillips
    Willow Springs Raceway / The Huth Family
    Neil "Nunc" Keyzers
    Jennie Clark
    My Mom

Thank you all so much for helping make it happen!

Scott Rarick
    FF #34

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

A job well done.

I want to note that in all the pre-race predicting, I stuck with you! Since I picked Ferrari and Schumacher this year, I'm doing pretty good!

I guess I should try that Lotto thing ....
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 77

Congrats Scott. You must be on cloud nine.
    Great to see a Porter DB/6 win it again. I believe that makes it three out of 6 years if memory serves.
    I know Neil is real proud as well as Tom Rust.

Richard
    Hybels

Thanks Richard,
    Yes, Neil built this car originally credit goes to he and Keith for developing that.

However, time moves on and things change and racers must respond. We have gone down other avenues in some areas and gone faster as a result and credit there goes to the effort of my crew, especially the knowledge/experience and talent of Victor Hertfelder.

Yes, Tom Rust is a common denominator to both programs. Tom has worked with me over several years and helped engineer my brain with the car.

As far as being on cloud nine?...not sure it has really sunk in yet. I was pretty stoked the whole time there...as from the first test day on we were able to cruise qualifying times for extended periods and felt that would get it done, it did.

The race was a little anticlimactic, the hard part was the work that went into it all year with the focus always being the thirty minutes in September. (Although, this is the first time I've treated myself to professional crew where I wasn't actually busting my own knuckles all year...so what am I complaining about work for?) With all that behind us I couldn't wait to get in the car, the race was the easy part.

Scott Rarick
    FF #34

Good Job Scott!!! We all know the BETTER guy won the race..And I'm sure your crew are very proud of you..

Liked: 51

Scott, congrats to you and your team. You drove a great race! m.j.

Liked: 1

Congratulations again Scott!

We would like to thank YOU very much for your loyalty to CDS over the years.

We really look forward to whatever is next on your plate.

-Peter

Thread Information