Liked: 3

A nice photo article on the EWC event at Grattan is in the August issue of Formula Car Magazine, with a nice big photo of Steve Beeler's Lola right in the middle!

Liked: 0

My FormulaCar magazine came in yesterday's mail. Wow. Ray Davies must be smiling. I've tried to convince my girls that I am now a celebrity, but they are not buying.

Seriously, all of us in the FF1600 community owe Rob Howden a big thank you for the great coverage in the August FCM: EWC at Grattan, 35th Anniversary and NEC at Lime Rock, plus vintage festival and Ontario challenge at Mosport.

Rob is reminding the world what we already know: Formula Ford is still a very cool place to race.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Liked: 12

Steve...

I'm happy that you enjoyed the issue. This is the kind of thing that we'll be doing more of in the future as we continue to develop our coverage of regional racing. We've got a FV build-up planned for this winter and we'll likely look at a similar FFord program next year. We need to build the exposure and prestige of programs like the EWC to keep people looking at the class when they are looking to start racing or move up from karts. I'll be discussing the EWC format at the FFord meeting this afternoon.

Again, glad you liked the coverage and the photo of the Lola. For everything you've done for the series and FFord racing, you more than deserve it.

RH - FCM
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Thread Information