Liked: 0

Default '73 Elden FF - SOLD

This Formula ford had some modifications done by previous owner to race in another class . Currently has slicks for the class it was run in. Does need some work to run incl. battery, water pump, several hoses and other work. This is a true barn/garage find that I acquired with intentions of getting into this awesome adrenaline packed sport of open wheel racing with a great entry level car.

Initially, this project seemed like a great idea but now that I have gotten into and talked to some local race enthusiasts I realize that this is a rich guys hobby....and I'm just not quite there yet! I really dream of restoring the car but the cost of actually racing these things and travel, trailer ,truck to pull the trailer etc etc is more than I can get into at this time in my life. I envy you guys who have the means to maintain and run these awesome machines on a regular basis. Also, I can't even find a local track that will let me bring it out just to try it out ...Seems like you gotta drive several hours just to even test it around here.

I have considered storing this thing for a couple years until I can get into this sport but it would be a shame to just leave this car sit when somebody else with more experience and money could get this car on the track much sooner! Many of the records to this car were unfortunately disposed of during the estate liquidation of the previous owner but I did salvage a couple pictures of it on the track from back in the day.

This car does come with some extras including an extra block and head, extra mirrors, extra starter, an original race uniform shirt, thick fire jacket ,extra fiberglass nose and even a cool old wooden jig type of mold /device to make new fiberglass nose pieces. There are a couple other extras too.

Lastly, I know that the original owner would want to see this car back on the track so I am looking for a buyer that wants to restore this and not just use the parts off it for a different car project. Please contact me if you have any questions or interest in this car. I am looking to get around $9,000 USD but am open to all reasonable offers.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 10.30.15 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Add price

Liked: 40

Are there any pics you could post of the Elden with detail of the suspension, g/box areas etc?

Thanks

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

ok, cool

Liked: 5

please send pictures. I have 3 Elden's, 2 under restoration a third waiting.

Lhaynes99 at gmail. Dot com

Default Pictures coming soon

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the interest...Ill take some pictures of the Elden soon as I get off work today and post them. For the guy that left me his email thank you and I will also send you the pics directly. You can reach me by email or we can exchange phone number if needed too!

Have you had a chance to post some pictures somewhere? i don't see your e-mail in your profile. Thanks.
    Larry

Default Pics

Hey All, I finally took the pics and am working on uploading more of them to this page soon. lch Racing- Larry thanks for inquiring and I did email a bunch more of them directly to the email address you sent me so make sure you check those out on there until I get the rest uploaded on this site. Have a great day all!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 9

Default Elden FF

Could you email me more pics of the Elden FF you have for sale. Also, if you know the specific modifications made to the car that would be helpful.

mwesterfield (at) gowestech (dot) com

What part of Ohio are you located?

Thank Mike

Default Elden FF

This car was delivered to me in NM last night. Will post some pictures when I get back from COTA.

The plan is to take the two 73's now in the shop and make at least one complete car, hopefully two if I can make molds of the body panels I don't have.

Plans to be posted at
    Www.lchrestoration.com
    Larry

Thread Information