Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 95

Default Right on!

Timing is perfect! Especially right before the runoffs this year. Especially since I sense the FC race will be a knock down battle like we haven't seen in years. Real nice to remember all the help from people most of which are still active. Enjoyed the re-post immensely. Thanks.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Liked: 3787

Jim, you were one of the big cheerleaders 10 years ago. Then a year later I got to cheer for you when you won the GLC.

Liked: 95

Default 10 years!

Can not believe it's been 10 years can it??? Yes I still remember that Sunday morning at M/O with the GLC. Waking up and having a coffee in the morning knowing I was champion, in my fifties no less and knowing no matter how I finished that days race nobody could touch me. It never went away that feeling. Similar in some ways to your experience knowing because of the love just getting to grid you had achieved a lot. We have some mutual friends too and I don't recall them ever mentioning Frog's runoffs but then that would be just like them wouldn't it. Wasn't that also the year Bill Jordan had the girls on the grid too?
    For those who aspire (what's that everybody?) that feeling I am talking mentioning above was worth the deep lows and highs to get there. It's not necessarily the money. Attitude=altitude. Our team byword. Complete on white board in my shop. Every damn day I read that.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Liked: 3787

The grid in 2005 may have been the pinnacle of FC racing. Reading the list of names is impressive. So many champions and future champions. I had gotten an email from a close friend that morning that summed up my feelings in two words: "not worthy". I kept waiting for some official to walk up and tell be I needed to get behind the fence.

I remember that almost every driver walked the grid shaking hands with every other driver. It was quite the experience.

Jordan had a good year. I sort of remember St Clair Motorsports may have had 5 cars in the top ten (?).

I felt the Apexspeed car was better than my Tatuus. I was really going for the hard charger award. When the clutch got oiled with about three to go I started loosing spots. I believe Al Guibord won the award over me by one spot. I went on to work for him for 7 years in the pro series. Small world.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 921

When you accepted the Richland County Sportsman of the year award at the banquet I remember the words " I am not worthy" coming out of your mouth Mr. Frog.

trust me you are still worthy and were then.

Never before or after has one person been the catalyst through all the good deeds he did over many years for his fellow racers been able to be paid back by the grassroots support that was shown by this entire forum.

And after hanging the helmet up, you are still giving to the sport and your fellow racers.

Definitely one of a kind and most definitely worthy of anything good that comes your way.

Liked: 278

Quote Originally Posted by Westroc View Post
    Timing is perfect! Especially right before the runoffs this year. Especially since I sense the FC race will be a knock down battle like we haven't seen in years. Real nice to remember all the help from people most of which are still active. Enjoyed the re-post immensely. Thanks.
    +1 to that, and to me this is a great kick in the butt of motivation to get my act in gear, get the kinks sorted out of my car, and get it to Mid-O next fall. It's within reach, but the motivation has to keep going starting as soon as this season's over... stuff like this helps us remember why it has to be so important.
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information