Liked: 1

After a late night of driving back from crewing with JDC at this past weekends Road America Zetec race. I was thinking about Jakes passing and the old FFU, where I used to do a Runoff's Formula Ford poll every year. I sorta drifted away from doing one the last couple of years.

Some of you may, or may not have noticed I haven't been driving the "hopple" blue FF Piper in the Cen-Div the last year or so, well working on a pro zetec team has been quite an adventure to say the least. As a team this year we scored 14 podiums,4 race wins and the Zetec rookie of the year title, so it wasn't all for naught . So now that the Zetec season is wrapped up let's get back to Formula Ford.

Runoffs Entry list
    Ok, yeah I know, blah, blah,blah let's pick-em and be creative,I think we can do a better job than SportsCar(and I fully encourage FC guys to pick also) the four categories are:

1.Top 3
    2.Wildcard
    3.Darkhorse
    4.Guy's I'd like to see finish in the Top 10

My picks

-Top 3-

Pritchard,Rarick and Larue

Hard to not go against Justin for the 3-peat, but if these three have a good as race as they did at the Sprints, look out!

-Wildcard-

Matt Champagne, not sure who's running this program or whos RF92 it is, or if they will qualify but, Matt is one of North America's top Shifter Kart drivers and is from from Canada.

-Darkhorse-

Cliff Johnson, If Cliff qualifies well he should be in the hunt for a medal.

*bonus Darkhorse pick*
    Jeremy Treadway, it's hard to not root for Jeremy in his 79 Van Diemen (I hope he goes this year)

-Guy's I'd like to see finish in the Top 10-

Roberts
    Kolthoff
    Davison
    Brewer
    Robinson

Thats my picks, I would like to wish all Formula Ford competitiors and crews good luck at the Runoffs! -Dave

[size="1"][ August 27, 2004, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Dave Hopple ][/size]

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 860

Being a Cal Club member, I have to go with our lone Cal Club entrant, Scott Rarick. He's already one of the favorites and with the improvements seen at every track this year, he should be almost a lock for a podium and very likely to win it all - unless it comes down to a weather-forcasting decision.

I think Stan Townes will also do well and may be the top DB-1 in the field, along with Bardwell.

Not too many left-coasters going that I know or have raced against.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

I agree it's hard to bet against Justin, particularly when he had the field at the last national at Mid-Ohio by 1 second! That combined with a bit of pent-up .... energy puts him first in my book.

Next up would be LaRue and Brewer in the Citations and Koltoff in the DB6. Todd will be tough as usual in his Swift.

Darkhorse - don't see him on the entry list but if Mike Badin gets a good ride under him and has the points to qualify he will be very fast as well.

From the entry list I think this will be one of the best races in the runoffs - alot of very talented folks in very nice cars. Still can't figure out how they are running in the low 30's at Mid-Ohio but I'm anxious to watch. Good luck to all!

Liked: 0

Top Three : Pritchard, LaRue, Rarick
    Dark Horse: Cliff Johnson
    Wildcard: Slade Miller

Good luck to all!
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Liked: 25

I think Cliff and Slade have been pushing each other pretty hard all season in the Midwest Division, so both should be in good form.
    - Frank C

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar

I pick Michael Schumacher to win, ..
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Liked: 447

Originally posted by Curtis Boggs:
    I pick Michael Schumacher to win, ..
    I hear he has some wizzy new fuel that gives you 50 extra horsepower, costs you body parts per gallon and you can also drink what's left over after the race if you're thirsty... Those dang chemists...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Contributing Member

I like Tim Dunn as a dark horse -- he's getting used to his 'new' DB-6 and has had Johnny Walko helping to fine tune the car.

I don't know if anyone has noticed or not but Chris Winkler happens to be leading the Central going into the Gratten race this weekend.
    Podium for sure.

-Tom

Bob,

Thanks for the dark horse pick but I have opted not to go this year. Instead we going straight into testing for next year. We have a few gremlins in the car we have to exorcisze first..

Tim
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Thread Information