Default FS: 2001 Radical ProSport CSR

Car make: Radical
    Car model: ProSport
    Car year: 2001
    Class: C Sports Racer
    Condition: Excellent
    Roller or turnkey: Turnkey

History:
    Driven by Pete Fowler, this 2001 Radical Prosport was the first Radical in the US to win an SCCA regional and national race in D-sports with a Kawasaki engine. In 2003 Fowler replaced the Kawasaki with a Suzuki Hayabusa engine. He then won the 2004 and 2005 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship in its class with the stock EFI Hayabusa.

It was then completely gone through and set up for sprint racing in the Radical Cup West where he consistently ran 1.19’s and 1.20’s at Willow Springs [WSIR] and 1.38’s and 1.40’s at Auto Club Speedway [ACS]. At the time of the “gothru,” as detailed below, the brakes, suspension, uprights, axles, bushings, etc., were all gone through, upgraded or replaced. In 2008, Pete moved up to a Stohr and I purchased the car and have run it twice a year with VARA and SVRA vintage clubs, and an occasional track day at ACS.

The original Hayabusa blew a head gasket last month so I just replaced it with a 2006 Gen 1 Busa that I acquired as a spare when I bought the car in 2008. This engine had 1200 miles on it when the novice owner laid it down. I bought it, sealed it up and stored it under the bench so it’s virtually new.

Compared to my V8 cars, the Radical is like driving a shifter Kart only with more power. Light, fast, responsive and, frankly, capable of pulling more G’s than my 75 year old neck can handle these days so it’s time to recognize one’s limitations. Car has never been crashed or bent. It’s in excellent condition. Lots of spares, tools and equipment.

With new SR3s, SR1s [the newer version of the ProSport] and SR8s costing $100,000+, this car is a lot of bang for your buck. Moreover, the ProSport is the smallest, lightest, least complicated and easiest to maintain of all the Radicals. You will not be disappointed.

Highlights:

• HiSpec floating front rotors, upgraded rear rotors and upgraded calipers all around
    • Koni 2812 shocks with Hypercoil springs
    • PR 6 sidepods and wing
    • Upgraded front and rear uprights
    • Lifetime hardened rear axles
    • TTS/Pace dry sump and Mocal oil cooler, all AN-12 fittings
    • Meziere electric water pump
    • Jet coated custom headers
    • Gear position indicator
    • Set of Dunlap rain tires
    • Dash mounted Brake bias adjuster
    • 2 sets of wheels
    • Flat shift module
    • Kirkey head restraint
    • Custom solenoid throttle blipper

Asking price: $25,000
    Contact phone: 858-229-3865
    Contact e-mail:
    sgncobra@gmail.com
    Contact name: Stephen Nelson

Contact location: San Diego, California
    Car location: San Diego, California

In-car videos:
    Attached Images Attached Images

The user account ApexSpeed is acting as a posting agent for the seller and is not selling any items through this website. Please do not contact this user account (ApexSpeed) for information about any listed classified. Use contact information found in ad for all correspondence. Listing accuracy and sales dealings are not the responsibility of the posting agent (ApexSpeed) or the site's owners. As with any online classified dealings, ALL responsibility lies with the seller and the buyer. Buyer beware.

Liked: 51

Still for sale?

Thread Information