Liked: 0

Juan Pablo Montoya and Mclaren announced today that the columbian will be driving for Mclaren in 2005. This was suprising to me as I thought he would be going to Ferrari.
    Morgan<br />Zetec Championship

I was reading that earlier and the first thing I thought of was, Ralf will be the favored boy at Williams next season! RS took a pay cut to stay with the team and JPM has jumped ship. Frank and Patrick will not take to kindly to that and the team will work harder for RS.

I never thought that JPM would get the Ferrari seat. Massa has been boy for that drive since he drove for Sauber.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Liked: 447

Any word on who will be filling the void at BMW? JPM leaving BMW is great news!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Here is my scenario (because i'm such a F1 insider....not!)

JPM to McLaren
    Coultard to Toyota Panis out of F1
    Mark Webber to Williams Jaguar will find a up and comer to fill the seat with the Journeyman driver that gets the seat this year.

Michael Schumacher wins his 7th world championship and retires. Massa fills the seat vacated by MS. Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, and Rory Burn et. al. stay for two more seasons to get Massa to the top.

I think Michael will retire next season weather he wins or not. The championship lies with Bridgestone. If they give Ferrari a tire that is competitive Ferrari, due to the fact that they are the best team in F1, will clinch the championship. If Michellin is the better tire Michael will lose the championship to Kimi.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Liked: 5

What has Massa done? From being out of a ride this year and now back to the team that fired him. Very confusing. I highly doubt he will be fighting for a championship. Kimi and Massa both were beaten consistently by Heidfield and now he's out of work! Keith, why do you hate JPM so much? Just curious.

What has Massa done? Well first he's spent the last year with Ferrari as a test driver and is back at Sauber for a year of schooling. Second Heidfeld always starts off getting the better of his teamate then seems to slip at the end. Massa, like Kimi, has shown the talent but had a pension for finding the Armco. Sauber can't afford the carnage the way McLaren could for Kimi and the way Ferrari will for Massa. I'd wager that the Ferrari engine deal for 04 included Massa to Sauber for more experience. Massa is a huge talent and will be one of the new guns to rule F1.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Michael. Sauber was hoping lighting would strike twice when they signed Massa for 02 after Kimi's impressive year. I really can't remember a race where he stood out or even came close to a podium. I'm sure the huge miles he gets at Ferrari is helping and I heard he still will test for them this year. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Liked: 1

Mark Webber to Williams
    Micheal "Mr. F1 insider" , you'd better check the length of Mr. Webbers contract with "Jagyouare" it goes till the end 05'

Michael Schumacher wins his 7th world championship and retires
    We'll see...personally I will not count his 95' title when he rammed his Benetton into Damon Hill at Adelaide BTW, I think PT won the IRL 500 last year too... -Dave

Micheal "Mr. F1 insider" , you'd better check the length of Mr. Webbers contract with "Jagyouare" it goes till the end 05'
    First a F1 contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on. William will buy MW out of his contract.

We'll see...personally I will not count his 95' title when he rammed his Benetton into Damon Hill at Adelaide BTW, I think PT won the IRL 500 last year too... -Dave
    Second I've watched the "incedent" with Hill a hundred times in super slow-mo and honestly Hill could have easily avoided that collision. I don't believe that Michael intended on hitting Damon (unlike his stupid move on JV at Jerez) Also the FIA was doing everything possible to keep Michael from winning that year. His redicules penalty for driving over the kurbs at Spa and his one race suspension for coliding with Hill (easily as much Damons fault as Michaels.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Michael. Sauber was hoping lighting would strike twice when they signed Massa for 02 after Kimi's impressive year. I really can't remember a race where he stood out or even came close to a podium. I'm sure the huge miles he gets at Ferrari is helping and I heard he still will test for them this year. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Kimi didn't exactly shine at Sauber. He showed incredible speed but didn't have a very good finishing rate. Massa was much the same he did have an awesome drive at Monaco before retiring.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Liked: 212

I can't believe with all this speculation no one has even mentioned Alonso.

If it were up to me, I'd have him singed up to take MS seat after he wins his 7th world championship. Then once MS is done driving, he can move over into a management roll with Ross, Jean, & Rory.

That's how I would keep Ferrari on top into the future.

Viva la Ferrari!!!

Len
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Keith, why do you hate JPM so much? Just curious.
    I've found him to be a hack of sorts that has no consideration for anyone else (not even his own teammate). Among that, he also has proven that he isn't as classy as any of his fellow drivers by using racin' terms such as "**** Happens" in press conferences. He's cocky and has the Oasis, "We are greater than the Beatles" attitude when it comes to how his skills match up to Michael Schumacher. On any given day when they are both at the tops of their game, MS would beat JPM without a doubt. I'm not a huge MS fan, but he's a great driver when in comparison to JPM. Is it the money behind the teams that makes MS a better driver than JPM? Maybe. I guess the guy just irks me....
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

I've found him to be a hack of sorts that has no consideration for anyone else
    I couldn't agree more!

Is it the money behind the teams that makes MS a better driver than JPM? Maybe. I guess the guy just irks me....
    The budget at McLaren and Williams is right up there with Ferrari. Remember Ferrari build their own engines. Their budgets reflect that, if you add in what BMW and Mercedes are spending in RD and engine building then both are on par with Ferrari. I would guess that Renault is getting very close also.

As for Alonso I left him off because I don't believe Flavio will let him go. If Renault can still produce a good chassis with loss of Mike Gascoyne to Toyota then Renault will be player and Fred will be their #1 driver. But money talks and maybe Flav will let him go...but I doubt it.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Just my two cents worth... It does not matter who ends up where... and as much as I like JPM, Alonzo IS the future of Formula 1, so buy your Renault gear soon boys and girls... I already have my Alonzo hat so when he starts winning championships, no one accuses me of being on the Alonzo band wagon
    Jamie Cole

89 Reynard CFC

Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far to go

http://www.kintera.org/grassroots/jamieracesforlaf/

Originally posted by oh2winindy:
    Just my two cents worth... It does not matter who ends up where... and as much as I like JPM, Alonzo IS the future of Formula 1, so buy your Renault gear soon boys and girls... I already have my Alonzo hat so when he starts winning championships, no one accuses me of being on the Alonzo band wagon
    I agree (except for the JPM part ). Alonso will definitely become a great driver in F1. Renault has made great strides the past couple of seasons to get him closer to the front of the pack. If Renault continues to move to the front or if he gets a ride with one of the big dogs, look out.

With the new news of JPM going to McLaren, I'm just glad I can soon wear my Williams hat and not have people assume I'm a JPM fan.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Renault may suffer from the loss of their technical director Mike G (see above for spelling). When Adrian Newey left Williams it took years for them to recover if they even have. Renault should be ok for this year since I'm sure it's finished with the 04 car but after that who knows.

Liked: 19

Hey - What about Townsend Bell!!??

Kimi in '04

Liked: 212

If renault can get a little more out of their motor, Fred may be in for a few wins in '04.

Although I do agree that Flavio will hold on tight to his boy wonder, but when one of the big boys offers him money that Flavio can't match you may see him make a move. I hope Ferrari is the team to make a bid for him. I don't see any other drivers who could take over after MS is done

Cheers
    Len
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

I agree with Matt, Kimi for 04.
    Morgan<br />Zetec Championship

Liked: 1

Bell is in limbo with a mid pack 02...

Thread Information