Liked: 2

Default Suggestions for Enclosed Transport

I need to move an FA from Florida to New York. I am trying to find a commercial transporter specialized in moving race cars/exotics to handle the job. I already contacted Intercity Lines, and was told "no" after describing the car to them. Based on the customer reviews online, Reliable Carriers is also off the table. Does anyone have any suggestions and/or experience with this? I am trying to save myself the four days it would take to drive down and back to move it on my own. It might inevitably come to that, but I figured I would reach out for some opinions first. Thanks.

-Kyle

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Quote Originally Posted by KWMack View Post
    I need to move an FA from Florida to New York. I am trying to find a commercial transporter specialized in moving race cars/exotics to handle the job. I already contacted Intercity Lines, and was told "no" after describing the car to them. Based on the customer reviews online, Reliable Carriers is also off the table. Does anyone have any suggestions and/or experience with this? I am trying to save myself the four days it would take to drive down and back to move it on my own. It might inevitably come to that, but I figured I would reach out for some opinions first. Thanks.

-Kyle
    Karen - BATS
    541-980-5885

I don't know anyone that doesn't like them.....
    www.batsmotorsports.com

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 107

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    Karen - BATS
    541-980-5885

I don't know anyone that doesn't like them.....
    www.batsmotorsports.com
    BATS / Karen, transported the swift i bought from TX to (well not to CA, because of the crazy laws here... but to PHX and i got it from there personally...) i give them a thumbs up - having had a few cars shipped around by various shippers, they - BATS / Karen - communicate and are more available to communicate than other shippers, as easy to work with as far as accommodating spare bodywork, boxes, and wheels and such. did what the said they would and were priced fair and competitive so i felt i got a lot better service and no surprises for no more money. zero headaches or drama.... thats hard to put a price on!
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

Liked: 34

Default Transport

You have a pm

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

I've used Exotic out of Florida a few times. A Norma they took special care to load last and drop off first.

contact Info I have:
    Dirc Klein
    Exotic Car Transport
    1207 E. Story Rd.
    Winter Garden, FL. 34787
    800-766-8797
    407-654-9949
    407-654-9951 (fax)

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone. I think I have some viable options here that will save me 34+ hours in a truck. Appreciate it.

-Kyle

Liked: 805

Default bum a ride ?

depending on schedule requirements, maybe someone in the northeast coming to the runoffs could make space in exchange for gas money

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions. They all were good ones (no idea how I didn't think of trying to find someone with extra space coming back up North after the RunOffs). I have hired Exotic Car Transport to do the job. I will post my experience after I receive the car in two weeks. Just in my dealings with them over the phone so far, I have been impressed.

Liked: 8

Default Transport to CA

Out of curiosity and for the un - initiated, what "crazy laws" prevent you from bringing in the race car direct to California ??

Thread Information