Liked: 143

Default Pitt Race onboard

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...&v=rLx1y8pXrdk

Video from the Grand Opening of the Pitt Race extension. This is onboard a Z-10. The track began to rubber in nicely, but there were still some areas that were dirty from the recent rains. I hope this can help with some sight lines.

2. The following 8 users liked this post:

Liked: 83

Default Corners

A bit short on apex asphalt, eh?

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 27

Thanks for that ! Good vid, good run. I haven't had a chance to run on the new section yet. I am a bit disappointed that they haven't fixed the bumps on the back straight though. I was told they would. Maybe soon ? Pops
    God is my pilot, I'm just the loose nut behind the wheel !

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Chevy View Post
    Thanks for that ! Good vid, good run. I haven't had a chance to run on the new section yet. I am a bit disappointed that they haven't fixed the bumps on the back straight though. I was told they would. Maybe soon ? Pops

Thanks. I sure hope so, I was losing quite a lot of grip on the old track from the bumps. I was also trying to leave a little larger margin for error than usual since the pavement was changing so much every session. The biggest help for my lap times was to lift earlier for the last left hand ess corner, as that let the car build speed longer back onto the old track. It is a very fun and technical extension.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

I'm planning on racing a Z10 there in October. What does the new section do to gear ratios?

Liked: 95

Default Pro race

Well I hope for everybody's sake it doesn't rain. It looks like there will be quite a few low areas with water pooling. One of the vids shows just that.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    I'm planning on racing a Z10 there in October. What does the new section do to gear ratios?

Both the highest and lowest speeds were on the old track

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Ok. Thanks.

Liked: 296

There are a few easy points that can be made from having been there at the Vintage weekend.

1) If it rains, things are going to get messy. There are some major drainage issues to be worked out.
    2) The lack of curbs will be an issue on the new track.
    3) The old track still knows how to make the whiners do what they do best.
    4) The spectator viewing is some of the best I have ever seen at a road course.
    5) The Steel City region is so bad it's painful.
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

Liked: 202

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Livengood View Post
    5) The Steel City region is so bad it's painful.
    Mr. Livengood,

Granted I attended as a spectator (and very much agree with your fourth point), didn't get there until noon on Saturday, and left about 2:00 on Sunday afternoon, but given it was the first event on the extended track and added delays for clean-up since people seemed to have problems staying on the pavement I thought things went fairly smoothly. It was also the first Steel City event I've ever attended, so I have no knowledge of how things have gone in the past.

That said, can/would you elaborate on what you would like to see done differently? If you'd prefer to send an e-mail, use GT1Vette -at- bellsouth -dot- net.

Thanks...
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Liked: 80

Default Pittrace major

Hi Butch, I know you arent in charge any more but who do i complain to about the upcoming Pittrace major being a 2 day event for $595 plus $350 to test on the Friday? Cheers, Jeremy

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by JEREMY HILL View Post
    Hi Butch, I know you arent in charge any more but who do i complain to about the upcoming Pittrace major being a 2 day event for $595 plus $350 to test on the Friday? Cheers, Jeremy
    Wow - I had no idea the entry fee was that high!

Eric Prill and Deanna Flanagan. Neither of them can demand anything from the host region, but Deanna is in charge of the Majors program and Prill, as the club's COO, is her boss.
    Butch Kummer

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Jeremy

Hi Butch, I know you arent in charge any more but who do i complain to about the upcoming Pittrace major being a 2 day event for $595 plus $350 to test on the Friday?
    I believe the cost the PittRace Major has been reduced to $525. From the race entry on MotorsportsReg:
    Entry Fee: $525.00 (SRF, FE add $20.00 per vehicle) , Second entry with same driver/different class $400.00
    HTH

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Jeremy

I believe the cost the PittRace Major has been reduced to $525. From the race entry on MotorsportsReg:
    Entry Fee: $525.00 (SRF, FE add $20.00 per vehicle) , Second entry with same driver/different class $400.00
    HTH

Terry
    Terry is indeed correct. The Supps linked from MSR have the price at $525 but the version linked from SCCA.com has not been updated - a lack of communication between Topeka and Steel Cities.

And one other thing I thought of last night - since the test day is being conducted by the track SCCA has absolutely no control over that fee. $350 is the highest I've seen short of CoTA in 2013, but not outrageously so. Most tracks are in the $200-$250 range but I believe VIR (which also has a lot of new pavement to pay for) was $325 this year.
    Butch Kummer

Thread Information