Liked: 254

Default Episode 3: The Grattan Games

Ryan got this episode wrapped up in a hurry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG6N0fhr_Io

The last weekend in June I got to run my first race event with my "new" car. We kinda went old school on this one; sleeping in the trailer, cooking on a little portable grill, running used tires, and generally be cheap skates. This is the type of event that, I think, really represents what club racing needs to be. A lot of the people I talked to were sleeping on site, quite a few in their tow rigs, campfires at night and a wonderful social atmosphere. The WMR hosted a BBQ Saturday night for all the drivers, crew, and workers. The weather was unbeatable and overall it was simply a fantastic and fun weekend.

In the last two installments we were working thru shakedown runs and test days, so this one follows along as we actually get to put it all to practice. This was the second GLC event and was held at Grattan Raceway withing the WMR Unrestricted Double. The Great Lakes Challenge is a great group and it is enjoyable to be the biggest of the open wheel contingent at the events we go to. I also enjoy Grattan immensely as it has so many nuances and little tricks. It's fun trying to find them all! Like the secret passages in Super Mario, although if you end up in a green tube you're doing something wrong.

I hope you enjoy the video and any feedback is always appreciated. Is it too long? It ended up a bit longer than expected. Any moments where you're thinking "get on with the next scene already"?

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 3787

Great!
    That is what it is all about.

The last two years I have told folks I'd still be racing if I lived anywhere north of Dayton Ohio. GLC rocks!!!

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 20

Great Video. Makes me want to make the drive to Grattan.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

Move up here to Dayton Frog.

already have 2 CFC racers here. Add a third.

I would even let you use 1 bay of my 5 car garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Great!
    That is what it is all about.

The last two years I have told folks I'd still be racing if I lived anywhere north of Dayton Ohio. GLC rocks!!!

Liked: 95

Default Congrats Mr. Wise

For those not aware Bill set a track record at 1:15.9 (I believe). Good job bud! Loooong gone!
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 444

Default Not Fair

You guys get a ice cream truck!!!

This should be mandatory at all tracks! Guess I need to write a letter to the SCCA.

Quote Originally Posted by BURKY View Post
    You guys get a ice cream truck!!!

This should be mandatory at all tracks! Guess I need to write a letter to the SCCA.
    Ice cream trucks will only be allowed in the future if they have more than one song. That truck came by four times over the weekend with the same song! It drove me nuts by Sunday afternoon.

But the first time it comes by makes you feel like a little kid again; bombarding your parents for money then running down the ice cream man

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Westroc View Post
    For those not aware Bill set a track record at 1:15.9 (I believe). Good job bud! Loooong gone!
    Thanks Jim!

Liked: 3787

I also liked the hats being worn (for example at Saturday nite's dinner)

Thread Information