Liked: 0

I was just getting my entry started for the EWC rounds 7 & 8 at Mid Ohio and noticed we are grouped dead last. Steve, what do we need to do to try and get us moved up? Will make for a long day and late nite tow home for some of us if we are the last group. Not being a whiner here, just thought there might be a way to change the group position. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Loren
    No time, no talent, plenty of sleep....

AND, we are the waived tech group. Do they not want us to come to the race. On an inspectors whim they could send us home.
    Pat Breakey

I was going to put a post up that the Mid-Ohio entry forms are in the mail but you guys beat me to it....

Waived tech groups are scheduled by the CENDIV chief of tech well after the divisional schedule is approved and published. The Mid-Ohio September race weekend is perfect for the EWC schedule and my friends at Ohio Valley Region are good to work with. The waived tech group is just the luck of the draw and this time we drew the short straw.

The last race group is not what we want but there are circumstances that are preventing us from being in an early race group. First, we are the waived tech group so there needs to be some time Saturday AM to get cars through the tech line. Second, the combined FF/CFF/FVee/F500 race group was oversubscribed last year and everyone expects to split the race group again this year. Splitting the last race group is the least disruptive to the schedule.

See everyone at Road America in 8 days...and at Mid-Ohio in 36 days.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Liked: 3

Someone has to be the last group. We are racing our 13th event this weekend and we have yet to be the last group. Not everyone wants to be the first group, for people with a long tow on Friday, being the first group isn't necessarily so great either.

As for inspectors sending you home on a whim - I seriously doubt that would ever happen. Please remember that the tech inspectors are volunteers and are there to help give us a place to race - they work to insure the cars are safe and legal. Rarely have I heard of people being sent home, when you go through tech if there are problems you are given guidance on how to correct the issue so you can race that weekend. However, if there are blatant issues, you could be sent home (but that is not on a whim!).

Cindy

I know the OVR inspectors for tech. They are good guys, Thanks for pointing out how waived groups are set. Didn't mean for my previous post to sound as negative as it did.
    Pat Breakey

Liked: 9

I didn't grab a results sheet for this one...anyone care to post the results? I know Vlasis was pretty jazzed about his win on Saturday! Way to Go John! Speaking of Johns...Haydon won both days if memory serves and was also quite fast. Way to go guys!
    Currently Without Car

Where can i link to or find a copy of the entry ? thanks Terry
    RACING IS LIFE<br />Anything that happens before or after is just waiting

Terry:

Here is the URL for the on-line entry form:

http://www.ovr-scca.org/download/for...utumnXXIII.pdf

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

I was reading the online form and noticed that if you post mark your entry by todays date (August 20th) you are entered to win a free garage space.

Steve, If you win, will we all be paddocked with you?
    Brian Duncan<br />Indy Region

Thread Information